PSA - my Woodnet hacked
Hi Dave -

I have also received the same email (hundreds of times) - it's a common phishing email. I just checked my trash bin, and have 7 of that extortion email in the last 4 weeks.

The first one I received did have a correct userid AND password in it - so I know it came from one of three woodworking boards - this one being one of them.

Like you - it is a low security password I have reused. Since then - I have changed all affected passwords to something unique for each site, and am still seeing the old one in phishing emails.

So - wherever the info was hacked from, it appears to have been done awhile ago - and the list is being shared somewhere.

I get just about every scam there is, having used the same email address in public for about 20 years now. The most frequent this week is "Rub on any mole and make it dillsove in under 60secs"  (yes - it really says "dillsove") .... I get that one 5+ times a day.

Irritating, but harmless if you ignore them!

Cheers -

Rob
Thanks, Rob! Nice to know I’m in good company at least.

Like most people I get more spam than that old Monty Python song—usually just delete and move on. Seeing a password was a little unnerving but they’ve been updated... it is reassuring to hear it might have been an antique breach.

Now we can get back to our usual business of praising your superior product line and unparalleled customer care.
Smile