One dollar Yard Sale find...
Well, $1.10 for the pair..
Winkgrin

Circular saw did need a new wrench to change the blades with...screwdriver?

Cleaned up the brass handle, scrubbed what little rust was on the steel...handle had a rattle to it
Confused 

Hmmm, 4 screwdrivers, for a dollar?
Cool 

Might come it handy, someday...
Winkgrin
Show me a picture, I'll build a project from that
I have half a garage full of might come in handy someday.  I'm trying to stop.  I would have bought it also.
Blackhat

Bad experiences come from poor decisions. So do good stories. 

(04-27-2019, 01:22 PM)blackhat Wrote: I have half a garage full of might come in handy someday.  I'm trying to stop.  I would have bought it also.

Same here....,even tho I also have a "nest of screwdrivers"...They were very popular "back in the day".....
Big Grin
Often Tested.    Always Faithful.      Brothers Forever

Jack Edgar, Sgt. U.S. Marines, Korea, America's Forgotten War
Get off my lawn !
Upset

Cool find. I would have grabbed them too?
Just spent the last 2 days loading boxes of " might use them someday" tools to donate to local Habitat for Humanity store.
Now I have to remember not to go buy some of them back!
My grandfather gave me one of those when I was about 4 years old - 70 years ago. Mine was a hammer. The screwdrivers screwed into the shaft of the hammer and completed the handle.
(04-29-2019, 12:41 PM)Hank Knight Wrote: My grandfather gave me one of those when I was about 4 years old - 70 years ago. Mine was a hammer. The screwdrivers screwed into the shaft of the hammer and completed the handle.
Right after the end of WWII, when the Japs started recovering from their defeat, there was a company called "Globe Master", and they manufactured and sold lots of cheaper tools all over the world...I am pretty sure some members remember them....Lots of them made their way to the US. IIRC, Globe Master produced lots of "nested" tools like the brass handled hammer with screwdrivers in the handle..smaller ones screwed into the handles of larger ones like the one in the OP...Then Taiwan came on the scene, followed by Mainland China... and they have expanded to the largest tool manufacturers in the world and it is where we are today...to comply with the law that said the country of manufacture had to be stamped on the tool, they were clever enough to use INK to stamp their merchandise, which was very easily rubbed off, making the origin a mystery for awhile....at that point in time, they were not proud enough of their tools to make the mark permanent.
Big Grin
Often Tested.    Always Faithful.      Brothers Forever

Jack Edgar, Sgt. U.S. Marines, Korea, America's Forgotten War
Get off my lawn !
Upset