Dust Collector Upgrade, Delta 50-760, SDD
(07-08-2021, 07:31 PM)Sullivan Wrote: Yes, very happy with this setup.  No issues other than having to empty the bin frequently which is not bad since it is so easy.  I really like the clear bin.

The bottom is attached from the inside with 3 of the large "Floating Gear Latches" than Wynn Environmental sells. 

[Image: sSypyUfm.jpg]

I don't have a good picture but you can almost see them in this one (picture from bottom with lid off, looking up):

[Image: jzUWpOrm.jpg]

The top is just some 1/2" baltic birch plywood that I already had on hand.  It is attached with some wood block "hooks" and screws.  It works but was a pain to install.  If I did it again I would probably buy another metal filter cover from Wynn and use some of the same gear latches (small) to attach it from the outside.  There is a rubber gasket between the plywood and dust collector - not sure where I got it - I think it may have come with the filter (???).

[Image: bMBtQhkm.jpg]

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Thank you.  I already drilled into the delta base to attach the gear latches.  so I can flip them down and attach the filter from outside using them.  That is if they will reach down and still grab the filter.  Putting the top metal filter cover from the filter on top is not a bad idea.  Let me check with Wynn if they sell it seperately.  
Looks like you can't just buy the filter cover seperately from Wynn
(07-09-2021, 08:12 AM)woodal Wrote: Looks like you can't just buy the filter cover seperately from Wynn

Did you contact them?  I didn't see them shown separately on their website but I would be surprised if they wouldn't sell you one if you give them a call.
(07-09-2021, 08:12 AM)woodal Wrote: Looks like you can't just buy the filter cover seperately from Wynn

I did some measuring and I do not think that the metal filter cover / end cap would work.  The cover is 18" in diameter and the top dust collector "flange" is 16" in diameter.
(07-09-2021, 03:11 PM)Sullivan Wrote: Did you contact them?  I didn't see them shown separately on their website but I would be surprised if they wouldn't sell you one if you give them a call.

(07-09-2021, 05:44 PM)Sullivan Wrote: I did some measuring and I do not think that the metal filter cover / end cap would work.  The cover is 18" in diameter and the top dust collector "flange" is 16" in diameter.

Yep I emailed them.  Thank you for the measurements.  I guess I'll make one out of plywood as well.  Just need to figure out how to secure it
(07-10-2021, 06:45 AM)woodal Wrote: Yep I emailed them.  Thank you for the measurements.  I guess I'll make one out of plywood as well.  Just need to figure out how to secure it

I'll see if I can get a good picture of the blocks I made to secure the top.
Here are a few pictures of the blocks and a cross sectional sketch:

[Image: a5UtRySl.jpg]

[Image: 7JBV6stl.jpg]

[Image: gzJIjmXl.jpg]
(07-11-2021, 03:45 PM)Sullivan Wrote: Here are a few pictures of the blocks and a cross sectional sketch:

[Image: a5UtRySl.jpg]

[Image: 7JBV6stl.jpg]

[Image: gzJIjmXl.jpg]

This is perfect.  Thank you
After overfilling my bin and bypassing the SDD (post #64), I added a line 4" below the SDD outlet as a bin full marker.  This of course reduced my already marginal bin capacity.

[Image: ch81Rxtl.jpg]

To regain my lost bin capacity I added another smaller Rubbermade bin on top.

[Image: KNHYcshl.jpg]

I had to make longer conduit leg extenders.

[Image: YEJ4xfll.jpg]

Footman loop attachment to top bin.

[Image: OkVVSXPl.jpg]

Between the two bins is a poplar frame that aligns the bins and holds some foam rubber weatherstripping.

[Image: m4SHUMUl.jpg]

[Image: fEAY889l.jpg]

[Image: e45Qs1ql.jpg]

The top bin is about 6" tall so now the bottom bin can be filled to the top without risk of bypassing the SDD.
Anyone here ever rebuilt the 'frame' using something more robust... like strut channel?

My conduit extensions ended up making the whole thing feel kind of rickety; I was thinking about getting some (relatively) inexpensive strut channel (aka 'uni-strut', or the HD branded 'super strut') and using some of the bolt-together connectors to remake the frame from that.