Woodsmith-inspired Stationary Edge Sander build thread
He probably means linear bearing
Also look at McMaster Carr for carriage and slide
Found it in McMaster Carr. Sweet.

Thanks!
Semper fi,
Brad

I want add a simple timer to act as my power switch. Will this one work?

Attached Files Image(s)

Semper fi,
Brad

Brad

Why use a timer and not a simple toggle on/off switch for $2.  If you use a timer why not on the dust collection which you want to go for a few minutes longer or on you ceiling collector.
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
Oops.

I posted in the wrong thread. This was meant for my air scrubber thread!
Semper fi,
Brad

Brad

I sent you a PM.  Woodsmith just came out with a beaut of a sander like this.
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
I think that's the one I'm building. I want to say the issue came out October 2018.
Semper fi,
Brad

Yep, it's the same one that I'm building. Here's *his* video introduction to the one he built, showing modifications he did. It's really pretty.

Mine will oscillate, though, and if I have my way, the motor will move with the belt.

We'll see!

https://youtu.be/Z0JYBPC1xAg
Semper fi,
Brad

It begins. I'm modifying a set of plans for a bench mounted oscillating machine so that the belt drive motor oscillates with the sanding belt instead of a flexing belt connecting a stationary motor to a moving platen.

I'll then modify the stationary base to support it. Belt drive motor is the 2hp, 3ph. Oscillating motor is 1/4hp, 1mph, with geared reducer.

Attached Files Image(s)

Semper fi,
Brad

So, are there any 8x89" belts out there? Closest I can find is 8x107" through McMaster.
Semper fi,
Brad