Got a sign for my Birthday, today
(05-22-2019, 09:58 AM)bandit571 Wrote: "Dad's Tools,  Dad's Rules"    if'n you want to use my tools, you use my rules.    My late dad used to have 2 sets of tools....and older, complete, minty set that filled a large tool chest.    Another was out in the garage, where he worked fixing cars..his and friends.    Was allowed to use the garage set to fix my cars...but, the set in the basement was for his use.   
I tried that but everything got mixed up anyway. So we had two chests and were wandering between them looking for pieces. Then my son started buying his own tool sets. What a mess!
Nice sign Bandit. Good luck with the rules.
My Dad used to complain that my brothers and I had taken his tools and not put them back and he couldn't find them (and maybe he was right most of the time), but twenty years after we had all left home and lived in different towns, he admitted that his tools still went missing.
One of my dad's favourite expressions " My grandson will get even !" I had two sons, and they did.
A man of foolish pursuits
(05-15-2019, 05:01 PM)Bill_Houghton Wrote: I sure could have used one of those when the boys were young.  They tended to think that what was theirs was theirs and what was mine was theirs, too.

Happy birthday!

Yep guys have nothing in the end.  Either it belongs to the wives or kids. 
Laugh
Laugh
Laugh
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
(05-29-2019, 03:17 PM)Arlin Eastman Wrote: Yep guys have nothing in the end.
I know a good many wives and life partners who would beg to differ with that statement.
(05-29-2019, 03:34 PM)Bill_Houghton Wrote: I know a good many wives and life partners who would beg to differ with that statement.

Much rather have my wife and family.
Yes
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
My youngest daughter is 16, and has a boyfriend...my wife almost got me a t-shirt that said “Don’t touch my tools or my daughter!”
Dave Arbuckle was kind enough to create a Sketchup model of my WorkMate benchtop: http://www.arbolloco.com/sketchup/MauleSkinnerBenchtop.skp