Nickle plating room
(05-24-2019, 12:16 PM)packerguy® Wrote: Pretty cool. 

My only comment, based on 6 years working in a circuit shop and seeing what the plating areas looked like, are you concerned with how long that wood is gonna last? The muriatic just makes the environment so caustic. Again a smaller setup like yours vs a pro shop running baths 24 hours a day 6 days a week might be a far different monster. 

Funny story, I remember the floors were completely re done twice with the industrial epoxy coating that are advertised to have a lifetime warranty. Nope. 18 months and they started to go. It was shocking to see the walls when they put up new plastic panels......the bottoms of the studs were half gone and rusted from the liquid on the floors that ate through the epoxy. There was ventilation issues with the air exchangers rotting out, etc. Never seen anything that unbelievable.

Either you missed this, or have zero concerns. 

Hope it works out well! 
Yes

Once Favre hangs it up though, it years of cellar dwelling for the Pack. (Geoff 12-18-07)  

(05-24-2019, 07:46 PM)packerguy® Wrote: Either you missed this, or have zero concerns. 

Hope it works out well! 
Yes

The room is tiled and sealed 28" up the wall. The benches are tiled and sealed 4" creating a basin that will hold any leakage even if every tank leaked till it was empty.
BAT

A man wearing a helmet defending our nation should make more money than a man wearing a helmet playing games!
The air conditioning we dealt with in corrosive rooms/spaces used 100% outside air which also assisted the exhaust systems via a static sensor.
Any other way the air conditioner would last a month to 6 months or so, depending on the chemicals being used and the quality of the exhaust systems.
First I am so sorry for the loss of your SIL.

I did plating in the military and please use all of the PPE with outside air mask it is very toxic.
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
(05-25-2019, 12:06 PM)daddo Wrote: The air conditioning we dealt with in corrosive rooms/spaces used 100% outside air which also assisted the exhaust systems via a static sensor.
Any other way the air conditioner would last a month to 6 months or so, depending on the chemicals being used and the quality of the exhaust systems.

I am sure you are correct, but keep in mind that I will not use this room that much. The air conditioner is a throw away item. I bought it for $30 off Facebook Marketplace. One of my duties as a maintenance supervisor was the mill a/c. Per Arkansas law I had to have a license . I still keep it up at a cost of $200/year. I also hold a epa universal certification. Air cooled units had an extremely short lifetime due to atmosphere so most were water cooled. There was also approximately 3500 tons of chill water systems to maintain . I am sure glad I am not still there.
BAT

A man wearing a helmet defending our nation should make more money than a man wearing a helmet playing games!