Wood and steel screw lubrication
(05-25-2019, 05:28 AM)Tony Z Wrote: Jack,

We add moly disulfide to the powder mix for parts that get machined/drilled/tapped after manufacture.  For our process, a little bit goes a long way.

Another lube that works well for metal screws, etc., is Ballistol, I believe developed in Germany during WWI, for firearms (is food safe).

Tony, that's another use for Moly that I had not thought of..but when it comes to lubricating metal to metal, I don't know of anything better, and as you say, it doesn't take much of it to do the job!!!!!..The "friction test" I participated in was amazing, and If I had not seen it, I would not have believed it!!! It changed my mind about lubrication...I could not "stall" a 1/4hp motor with a three foot lever!!!!
Big eek
Big eek ..... I have used Ballistol for many years, both for firearms and as a general purpose lube..The stuff is even good for leather!!!!!..Those Germans knew what they were doing!!!!!!!
Big Grin
Often Tested.    Always Faithful.      Brothers Forever

Jack Edgar, Sgt. U.S. Marines, Korea, America's Forgotten War
Get off my lawn !
Upset

(05-25-2019, 07:50 AM)Timberwolf Wrote: .....................
Tony, that's another use for Moly that I had not thought of..but when it comes to lubricating metal to metal, I don't know of anything better, and as you say, it doesn't take much of it to do the job!!!!!..The "friction test" I participated in was amazing, and If I had not seen it, I would not have believed it!!! It changed my mind about lubrication...I could not "stall" a 1/4hp motor with a three foot lever!!!!
Big eek  
Big eek ..... I have used Ballistol for many years, both for firearms and as a general purpose lube..The stuff is even good for leather!!!!!..Those Germans knew what they were doing!!!!!!!
Big Grin

In a NRA magazine a while back, about Ballistol, it was mentioned that it was even used as an elixir, taken orally!
Waiting to grow up beyond being just a member
www.metaltech-pm.com
(05-25-2019, 11:44 AM)Tony Z Wrote: In a NRA magazine a while back, about Ballistol, it was mentioned that it was even used as an elixir, taken orally!

Hmmmm....I like it....but not THAT much!!!!!
No
Winkgrin
Often Tested.    Always Faithful.      Brothers Forever

Jack Edgar, Sgt. U.S. Marines, Korea, America's Forgotten War
Get off my lawn !
Upset