I knew this day would come....
Ignoring ads? Why?

I mean if they are repeated ones, yes, they are boring, but new ones or new products are eye candies to me until they are found to be overpriced or solutions looking for problems to solve (like some WPs).

Simon
In a way, they've always had some form of advertising, listing all the suppliers of hardware at the end of the magazine. What remains to be seen is if hardware from the advertisers seem to make it into every build they feature in articles. In the end, you have to pay the bills. Even the PBS TV version has sponsors, and it's changed since the Don Pesche days, with a few new faces.

I never subscribed to Woodsmith - mostly because their projects didn't appeal to me that much. I have built a couple of their projects, though. Their plans are some of the best ones out there. Very clearly written.
Still Learning,

Allan Hill
I always liked that Woodsmith had no ads but I don't really mind if they start adding them. If I'm not interested I just skip over them. I guess I don't understand why that would be a show-stopper if you like the magazine.
I'm with Frank....while I don't want the ads, they aren't nearly as annoying as the ones that show up on line. Besides, the alternative may be to raise the subscription rates...which I also wouldn't like. It is, after all, a business that must be profitable to survive.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
When I started (restarted) woodworking, I subscribed to any woodworking magazine I could find. After a few years, I reduced this to only Woodsmith and Fine Woodworking. I think that both of these are great choices. I would welcome advertisements if they were applicable to woodworking (especially if that was necessary to keep it in business).

Gary386
A little knowledge is a dangerous thing.