Shaker Humidor Console
Beautiful table!  +1 on the gap?  Looks like the drawer lid has a spline on the leading edge, what is its purpose?
"I tried being reasonable..........I didn't like it." Clint Eastwood
Much appreciated!

(05-19-2019, 07:40 PM)cputnam Wrote: Very well done and designed!
Thanks! The capacity is 15, so not the most practical design, but it does look cool!

(05-20-2019, 05:10 AM)stav Wrote: I love it. That wood looks fantastic as well as the design. How many sticks will it hold?
Thanks! Humidity controlled by Boveda packs. Gap is intentional: keeps air and moisture circulating so cherry false front at room humidity level can co-exist with spanish cedar drawer front which lives at much higher humidity.

(05-20-2019, 06:30 AM)AHill Wrote: Very well executed.  Is the gap between the drawer front and the drawer intentional?  If so, why?  Also, given it's a humidor, how are you maintaining the RH in the drawer?
Thanks and good catch. The drawer box has a groove running around its perimeter to house the sliding top. That lip slides into the groove in the front to provide a decent seal.

(05-20-2019, 06:55 AM)Bill Holt Wrote: Beautiful table!  +1 on the gap?  Looks like the drawer lid has a spline on the leading edge, what is its purpose?
(05-19-2019, 11:05 AM)Philip1231 Wrote: Although the Shakers were tobacco users, I don't believe they were cigar smokers. But if they were, I bet we might see a piece like this at one of the Shaker villages back in the day. Cherry/spanish cedar/ebony. OSMO Polyx hard wax oil finish. Hand cut DTs and M&Ts.

I don't smoke, but your table is beautiful and a great example of the Shaker style.  Thanks for posting it.
...Naval Aviators, that had balz made of brass and the size of bowling balls, getting shot off the deck at night, in heavy seas, hoping that when they leave the deck that the ship is pointed towards the sky and not the water.

AD1 T. O. Cronkhite
Martin: thanks for the kind words: when you have worked long and hard on a project, its gratifying to get some positive feedback! Phil

(05-21-2019, 05:42 PM)Martin S. Wrote: I don't smoke, but your table is beautiful and a great example of the Shaker style.  Thanks for posting it.
Really beautiful thank you for sharing!
Thanks for the kudos! I have to ask: Mongo? Any connection to Blazing Saddle/Alex Karras/Detroit Lions?

(05-21-2019, 08:15 PM)mongo Wrote: Really beautiful thank you for sharing!
This humidor is absolutely beautiful.
Gary

Please don’t quote the trolls.
Liberty, Freedom and Individual Responsibility
Say what you'll do and do what you say.