Table saw motor problem and solution
In case this helps shorten anyone's problem with a motor.

The motor on my table saw went from functioning to not functioning in one flip of the switch. 

The saw would start to spin up, but spin slowly and then blow the breaker probably within 10 seconds or so. The problem was the centrifugal switch. It had come loose from the shaft. At least on my saw motor it is located underneath the fan. 

1) Remove fan cover
2) Remove fan blade from shaft (Mine was press fit on. Amazed I did not break the plastic fan blade.)
3) Remove the dust cover
4) Centrifugal switch is now exposed. Mine was loose on the shaft. It can have other problems.
5) Slide the switch down the shaft so that it just makes contact. Mark that location on the shaft.
6) Then slide the switch about a 1/16" further down the shaft than the mark and tighten the set screw.
7) Reattach dust cover
8) Reinstall fan
9) Reattach fan cover
10) Test motor (and hope)

Cheers,

John
Great directions on addressing a very chronic problem with the Asian soft metal motors.  I've seen it many times.
Some photos of the centrifugal switch rig on the shaft.

These contact points should be open when the motor is at rest.  The contacts shown here are a little corroded but not too bad.  They could be polished with some 500 grit paper.
Yes. Good info. I've replaced mine twice now. Griz 1023, bought new in 97 or 98
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

(05-19-2019, 09:34 PM)Bob Vaughan Wrote: Some photos of the centrifugal switch rig on the shaft.

Bob:

Thanks for adding the photos of the switch. I did not take any pictures when I had it apart.

John