PEX connector leak
I had a "small project".  I needed to connect two separate 1/2 pex lines with a shut-off between the two.  I got two "T's" and a barbed shutoff.  Menard's employee told me I needed an "expansion tool" which I purchased along with the "collars".  

It went together ok, but I get an occasional drip from both "t"s.  I don't know what I did wrong, or how to fix it.

Any thoughts?

Appreciate responses-don't see similar problem online that anyone has a response to.
First suspect is that you expanded Pex B.  Do the other fittings in the existing lines have collars or metal crush rings?  Can you read the info that was printed on the existing pipe?
Blackhat

Bad experiences come from poor decisions. So do good stories. 

Are the tee's exposed to air?  Could it be condensation?

Otherwise I agree with wrong connector for the Pex tubing you got.
"Truth is a highway leading to freedom"  --Kris Kristofferson

Wild Turkey
We may see the writing on the wall, but all we do is criticize the handwriting.
(joined 10/1999)
Can you post links to the Menard's web site links for the products you used (pex tube and the connectors)?  Might help us understand exactly what what you're joining together.

If you have the receipts for what you purchased, the SKU numbers will take you to the product page.
My pex is 20 years old, it's not condensation, I am pretty sure that style wasn't made to be stretched.

I see Home Depot has the connectors that don't require the stretching and use band clamps. I've had success with them before.

I get about 4 drips total a day, but that is 4 too many. Too much going on, and hate to shut the water off with wife and chillens home this weekend, maybe get the right connectors and try again Tues.

What our your thoughts about returning the used "expander" for a refund from Menards? I did use it 6 times, but I bought it on their advice.
(05-24-2019, 07:45 PM)toolmiser Wrote: What our your thoughts about returning the used "expander" for a refund from Menards?   I did use it 6 times, but I bought it on their advice.

In that case, back it goes.
(05-22-2019, 08:55 PM)Reread blackhat\s post. blackhat Wrote: First suspect is that you expanded Pex B.  Do the other fittings in the existing lines have collars or metal crush rings?  Can you read the info that was printed on the existing pipe?

If they do have metal rings you need to replace all the fittings you made with the expander.    Pex A should have pex collars not metal rings.   Pex B or C use the metal rings and not the collars, they are not interchangeable.  Also use the correct fittings.   Roly
Here is what I have

PowerPEX (type A) Expansion 1/2" Grip Tee
Compatible with Sioux Chief Power PEX-A and tubing marked F1960 including Upnor/Wirsbo AquaPEX

Now I am starting to realize I got the wrong fittings and tool. They didn't have the fitting for the metal crush rings, it looks like Home Depot does.
Got it fixed today, thanks to your suggestions. I went to Home Depot along with a sample of the PEX I had and told the employee what I wanted to do. He opened a package of fittings to show me they would work. I used my crimping tool for the "collars".

It should have worked that way in the first place, I guess I was to blame.

Anyways all done-knock on wood!
(05-28-2019, 07:19 PM)toolmiser Wrote: Anyways all done-knock on wood!

Cool
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020