Groundhog
Rodenator!!!
"Truth is a highway leading to freedom"  --Kris Kristofferson

Wild Turkey
We may see the writing on the wall, but all we do is criticize the handwriting.
(joined 10/1999)
(05-24-2019, 01:46 PM)Cub_Cadet_GT Wrote: 22-250 is my favorite method.

I second that.  Much more sporting with head shots at 400 yds.
(05-28-2019, 03:23 PM)daddo Wrote:  I second that.  Much more sporting with head shots at 400 yds.

I took several with a lever action Winchester in .45LC. Hit one that was peeking out of his hole, sucked him RIGHT out. But mostly I used a Ruger 10-22 that I keep hand for just such occasions
(05-24-2019, 03:25 PM)Admiral Wrote: I've shot groundhogs with a Gammo .177 pellet rifle, 1200 fps muzzle velocity, so it has some punch; head shot.

I also use  a pellet rifle, German made Hafele. Head shots will kill them. I have killed 4 so far last year. 

mike
this thread makes me glad that ours just moved away when I took down the woodpile and fence they had burrowed underneath.  Unfortunately, years later voles moved into their den.  That infestation took an itinerant snake to get rid of, they really didn't care about the dogs trying to dig down to them.  Totally changed my views about snakes.
(06-02-2019, 11:48 AM)EricU Wrote: ...  Totally changed my views about snakes.

They have a job to do, too.  Moving out onto an acreage has changed my view on a lot of the lesser-liked animals like snakes and vultures.
best part was the snake just did its job and moved on.  Wonder how big of a territory it has.