Groundhog
They don't move on. They multiply.
I generally shoot them.
Set the trap near one of it's holes. Apple is good bait too.

Can't forget the first time I saw one climb an apple tree to get apples.
Neil Summers Home Inspections

" What would Fred do?"

... CLETUS

(05-23-2019, 04:23 PM)Admiral Wrote: Ha ha, the .223 is a bit overkill, with a hollow point round there wouldn't be that much left of him.

But it sure was fun!  
Big Grin 

Left enough to send a clear message to his buddies.  

[Image: evil-emoji-badness-emoticon-picture-id921032340]
If you are going down a river at 2 mph and your canoe loses a wheel, how much pancake mix would you need to shingle your roof?

(05-23-2019, 04:23 PM)Admiral Wrote: Ha ha, the .223 is a bit overkill, with a hollow point round there wouldn't be that much left of him.

Turns them to jello on the inside, it makes it hard to scoop up with a shovel.
Mark

I'm no expert, unlike everybody else here - Busdrver

Nah...I like you, young feller...You remind me of my son... Timberwolf 03/27/12

Here's a fact: Benghazi is a Pub Legend... CharlieD 04/19/15

I use a cheap Marlin 60 .22lr. Iron sights. No issues whatsoever dropping a groundhog. Rumors of a head too hard for a .22 are a myth.
Neil Summers Home Inspections

" What would Fred do?"

... CLETUS

(05-24-2019, 12:10 PM)Snipe Hunter Wrote: I use a cheap Marlin 60 .22lr. Iron sights. No issues whatsoever dropping a groundhog. Rumors of a head too hard for a .22 are a myth.

Love my model 60; first rifle I ever bought with my own money.  Plunked down $55 for it and a brick of .22LR.  Still use it today nearly 40 years later to take care of varmints around the acreage.
(05-23-2019, 09:03 AM)bgosh Wrote: Anyone have an idea on how to make a Groundhog to move on? I have one uder my deck and not sure if it will do any damage. Thanks Stan 
Sigh

22-250 is my favorite method.
There are 10 types of people in the world: those who can read binary code and those who can't.

"To be against hunting, fishing and trapping you have to be spiritually stupid." Ted Nugent
(05-24-2019, 12:10 PM)Snipe Hunter Wrote: I use a cheap Marlin 60 .22lr. Iron sights. No issues whatsoever dropping a groundhog. Rumors of a head too hard for a .22 are a myth.

I've shot groundhogs with a Gammo .177 pellet rifle, 1200 fps muzzle velocity, so it has some punch; head shot.
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
Got a MIG or know anyone who does?

Get a tank of Argon (no CO2) and stick a hose deep in the hole.

Let the gas fill the hole. Argon is heavier than air so it will fill the lowest part.

Cover any hole entrances to prevent natural ventilation from moving the Argon out.

Any critters in hole will quietly asphyxiate. End of problem.

Nitrogen would also work well, especially if you could get some liquid that would flow deep in hole.

CO2 won't work because it causes a fright response when it gets near lethal levels.

Carbon Monoxide from a running engine would work well too but noise would cause any occupants to leave and smell might prevent them from going back in hole.
"Truth is a highway leading to freedom"  --Kris Kristofferson

Wild Turkey
We may see the writing on the wall, but all we do is criticize the handwriting.
(joined 10/1999)
.22 LR hollow point leaves a hole the size of your thumb nail going out the back side of the groundhog. If it is not an instant kill the groundhog goes down his hole and never comes back out. A very convenient disposal.

My boss is a Jewish carpenter. Our DADDY owns the business.
Trying to understand some people is like trying to pick up the clean end of a turd.
Cantaloupe and Hav-a-Heart work great. Just be careful about the "transportation laws" in your area.
Saratoga, NY