Dust Collection on a miter saw
The new Kapex is a couple pounds heavier now and it is too new to know if its smoking motor is fixed. So much for German technology.

Simon
(05-25-2019, 08:50 PM)GEB Wrote: Currently I am using a shop vac on my miter saw and it does a poor job. Filter plugs rapidly resulting in dust all over the area. 

I install "drywall bags" in my Shop-Vacs to capture all the fine dust that gets sucked into the hose. I've never had a an issue with poor suction, and the filter never clogs. When the Dust Deputy's came out I put one in front of the vac and now the bags last almost forever...
Winkgrin

Dave
"One should respect public opinion insofar as is necessary to avoid starvation and keep out of prison, but anything that goes beyond this is voluntary submission to an unnecessary tyrany, and is likely to interfere with happiness in all kinds of ways."
I used a big gulp collector with a little added enclosure, it does the job well enough for me.  They are only $17 at Home Depot, or I've got a spare one lying around if you're in the Sacramento area.  I'd add a photo but can't seem to get the file small enough to load.

This is the unit.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/POWERTEC-Big.../207144971

Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

Time to wind down this discussion. Thanks all for your ideas, particularly the Dustoper/deputy. Didn’t know they existed.  I found a smaller shop vac that will fit under my saw along with a bucket to hold the Dustoper I ordered from HD. When the dustoper arrives, I’ll build the hood. This will work better than dropping a 4" duct to the saw and having the cyclone working all the time. The smaller shop vac will be on a switch that pops when the saw is running. 

Bill