"Roubo - The Book of Plates"
My wife surprised me with this book for our anniversary. I wanted it a while back but I couldn't justify the $125 price tag. Lost Art Press has put it on sale for $49. It is a beautiful book and very inspiring to look at. Definitely worth $50!
Google A Preview of The Book of Plates and it will have a link to a video about the book by Chris Schwarz himself.

I had a chance to handle the book in person but did not find it useful as I mostly do contemporary furniture.

Simon
I just received mine last week.  It's a finely printed book and one I have wanted for my library for awhile - just couldn't justify $120.  However, at $49 it is now sitting on my desk!  I hope to get a chance this week to spend a couple of hours and look thru it.

Another great book from Lost Art Press is "To Make as Perfectly as Possible : Marquetry".  It has an incredible amount of information and has become one of my favorite books.

A nice feature of many of the Lost Art Press books is being able to download a digital copy to go along with your hard copy.

Lonnie

PS  I guess you know you're a nerd when a new book makes your day!  
Big Grin
Laugh
I received my copy two days ago. Absolutely beautiful printing and binding. I've made a few of the popular Roubo items, bench, winding sticks, large resaw frame saw and about to build another. Pretty cool to see an 18'th century view of them.
I'm reading Make as Perfectly as Possible, the book on marquetry for the second time. I have been somewhat challenged trying to decipher the plates in the book given their size. So thanks for the update guys.... I will now have a couple new books to read!
Train to be miserable...
that way when the real misery starts you won't notice.
I find that having the book of plates on paper, and the texts of the other works in electronic form, is a good way to read them carefully. The images in the files are good enough for general reading, and to make it easy to find the right plate in the big book, but for comfortably studying details the book of plates is very nice. I'm not saying the scanning is poor -- you can blow up the electronic images to see what you want -- but the big book is nicer.