Woodworking in the woodworking forum
How does a web site verify a person is using a correct name? Because it sounds liken a real name? I'd bet there are some at Saw Mill Creek whose names sound real but are not the actual name of the person.

Me, I use my real name, and added my real address. However, I do not use my main email address. That is for specific folks/companies/organizations. As a Mod, I had no problem with nicknames/etc. Still don't. 

It is quite easy to subvert the rules of an internet site when registering. It makes a whole lot more difference how a member acts than what name they choose.
(06-11-2019, 12:24 AM)K. L McReynolds Wrote: How does a web site verify a person is using a correct name? Because it sounds liken a real name? I'd bet there are some at Saw Mill Creek whose names sound real but are not the actual name of the person.

Me, I use my real name, and added my real address. However, I do not use my main email address. That is for specific folks/companies/organizations. As a Mod, I had no problem with nicknames/etc. Still don't. 

It is quite easy to subvert the rules of an internet site when registering. It makes a whole lot more difference how a member acts than what name they choose.

my name is so dang common.. At one point my name was second only to John Smith. it's rare that people believe me when I tell em. Cops think it's a fake id... Customs folks give me the double take.  My wife when I told her my name was Mike Brown, yeah right rolls eyes.

No I'm not the mass murderer Mike Brown from florida..
No I'm not the Mike Brown running FEMA.
No I'm not the Mike Brown down the hall that screwed up.
No my father is still alive.
No my I didn't do that, you must have the wrong Mike Brown.
No I'm not that Mike Brown..
No I'm not a Priest.
No I've never lived in Ireland.
No I didn't sell that.
No I didn't buy that.
No I've never been here before.
No you have the wrong brown.. I'm not browneye.
Dang it someone got my usual userid.. guess I'll use my old pinball/asteroid three letter top player id from the 70s rocket man RKM.. add brown to the end so it sounds more real.
(06-11-2019, 09:00 AM)RKMBrown© Wrote: my name is so dang common.. At one point my name was second only to John Smith. it's rare that people believe me when I tell em. Cops think it's a fake id... Customs folks give me the double take.  My wife when I told her my name was Mike Brown, yeah right rolls eyes.

No I'm not the mass murderer Mike Brown from florida..
No I'm not the Mike Brown running FEMA.
No I'm not the Mike Brown down the hall that screwed up.
No my father is still alive.
No my I didn't do that, you must have the wrong Mike Brown.
No I'm not that Mike Brown..
No I'm not a Priest.
No I've never lived in Ireland.
No I didn't sell that.
No I didn't buy that.
No I've never been here before.
No you have the wrong brown.. I'm not browneye.
Dang it someone got my usual userid.. guess I'll use my old pinball/asteroid three letter top player id from the 70s rocket man RKM.. add brown to the end so it sounds more real.

Insert Frank Smith everywhere there is a Mike Brown and you'll see my dilemma!
Smile