DIY Overarm dust collector
(06-13-2019, 02:55 PM)Terry W Wrote: To be honest, this was a concern of mine initially. After a couple of dozen cuts, I forgot all about it.  It just takes a few extra seconds to loosen the wingnuts & raise the shield to precheck the distance to the fence.  Lower it down, tighten the nuts and make your cut.

Thanks for the reply. I thought about making one of those for a long time but didn't want to waste the time on something I would end up regretting.
(06-13-2019, 07:18 AM)stav Wrote: Very nice. I have a question about your guard if you don't mind. Do you find that not being able to see the blade from the front causes any issues for you?  I've considered that type of guard before, but not seeing where my wood is going kind of concerns me.  Even though it is riding against the fence most of the time.

I have the original factory sawstop overarm blade guard system. Once the guard is down, I never look through the guard at all. Is there any practical reason that we want to sight down on the blade, spinning or not, once the guard is lowered?

Simon
(06-13-2019, 05:11 PM)Handplanesandmore Wrote: I have the original factory sawstop overarm blade guard system. Once the guard is down, I never look through the guard at all. Is there any practical reason that we want to sight down on the blade, spinning or not, once the guard is lowered?

Simon

Practical reason?  No, I suspect not. Call it a personal insecurity.
Nice job.  You don't find the arm gets in the way lifting a board up?
I really like it.  To bad I am not smart enough to make one.
Crazy
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.