Too much wood work.....
makes Just a dull boy.  Need to do some get down and get dirty work.
Wall my Dad built....circa 1951.  It has served it's purpose well.
[Image: NYrOz9x.jpg]
But, it's ugly.  So, a couple of pallets of blocks from HD, a few hours
of sweat equity....and what I see in my minds eye, I bring into
reality.  .......much like wood work.
[Image: tLoJGjq.jpg]

[Image: iESeHBx.jpg]

[Image: XdZ420n.jpg]

[Image: 5krVbZm.jpg]

[Image: s16T2Dw.jpg]
  Totally transforms my yard.
[Image: dD8bceR.jpg]
Well worth the effort.
he not busy being born,
Is busy dying.
--Bob Dylan
Very nice. Major improvement

As long as Rover is there to keep an eye on you, you'll do fine looks like.
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

Now's the time to run conduit for the elect to light up the wall.

It would have taken me two days to do all that. Getting older stinks.
Looks good. The hardest part is getting the first row level. Some smurf tube for lighting is a good idea.
(06-12-2019, 10:37 AM)Stwood_ Wrote: As long as Rover is there to keep an eye on you, you'll do fine looks like.
She keeps me in line.

(06-12-2019, 03:25 PM)daddo Wrote: It would have taken me two days to do all that. Getting older stinks.
...wow...if you can do that in two days....you can't be that old.
I'm guessing this took about 30hours over 6days.

(06-12-2019, 07:45 PM)Robert Adams Wrote: Looks good. The hardest part is getting the first row level. 
It wasn't that bad.  It has been a very wet spring...
so ground was easy to work.  If I had waited another month
that bentonite clay would be like cement to work.
The right tools ….and the 8# short handle micro adjuster.

[Image: 6OUSD5w.jpg]
he not busy being born,
Is busy dying.
--Bob Dylan
(06-14-2019, 10:21 AM)justdraftn Wrote: She keeps me in line.

...wow...if you can do that in two days....you can't be that old.
I'm guessing this took about 30hours over 6days.

It wasn't that bad.  It has been a very wet spring...
so ground was easy to work.  If I had waited another month
that bentonite clay would be like cement to work.
The right tools ….and the 8# short handle micro adjuster.

[Image: 6OUSD5w.jpg]

Our soil is mostly sand with a very small amount of clay and just enough silt that when it has some moisture you can dig it with a flat nosed shovel. When summer hits with its 110+ temps the soil gets bone dry and hard as concrete. Course I have a new pump in the irrigation well so I can keep the yard damp and try to grow grass. 

I also see the ubiquitous free harbor freight tape measure. I am down to one that I can find... Been getting magnetic bowls and magnet strips for my freebies lately... My shop has been converted from woodworking to car restoration. A nice change and I am only doing woodworking for the house when needed right now. 
              Its a 66 mustang a friends mom owned and has been sitting in their shop since the mid 90s. Rough shape but It is getting there. done with major demo and starting to put in convertible rails and get it back together. After the floor and front frame are rebuilt it will be quarter panel replacement time.... Got a thread going over at a mustang board here https://forums.vintage-mustang.com/build...-case.html  and pics are here https://ibb.co/album/kAffFa. I update every few days or so as I make some progress.  

Nice break from woodworking and will have a fun toy to show when done. It will not be a boring stock mustang, will be a nice custom car.

[Image: 20181224-082747-HDR.jpg]" />
I find myself buying a lot things I can never find...and
put them everywhere. Especially tapes.

I'm only a mechanic when I have a pretty good idea what I'm doing.
I always wanted a '53 Chevy p/u w/the curved windows in the cab.
he not busy being born,
Is busy dying.
--Bob Dylan
During my time I've had a black 58 Ford Galaxy w/292 engine, 55 two door (No center post) Chevy w/327, 51 Henry J, 63 and 65 Corvair, 58 chevy step side pickup, 71 CJ5 v6 Jeep, 70 Ford pickup, 68 Chevelle, 72 Ford LTD 2dr w/440 v8, 79 Jeep CJ5, and so on.

The Henry J was the only car ever sold by Sears and Roebuck.

I wish I still had them. 
Sad