W5 for sale
This is a Stanley Bedrock 605 in Winchester clothes. Nice condition and has the bones for a great restore. I picked it up at a yard sale, but just don't need another 5 or another "brand" of plane to collect. If you would like any other pictures just ask. Also, I am not sure how to get these pictures to post right side up, my apologies for that. —- Sold —-

Wow, that thing went so fast I didn't even see the price for it.

carl
(06-13-2019, 05:28 AM)Carl Grover Wrote: Wow, that thing went so fast I didn't even see the price for it.

carl

$85. I'm regretting not jumping on it. Someone got a nice plane at a nice price.
85 was the price. AJ is right, nice plane at a fair price. I have seen a lot of planes through the years and that W5 is much rarer to find than a 605. Especially in good condition. It’s headed to a good home!
I thought long and hard about it when it first showed up. But I wanted it for the Winchester name, as opposed to any need for another #5 (I'm also an avid shooter). What really had my attention was that it seemed to be an intact W5....not a collection of parts. I passed in the end, but only because I have a W4 that sits on a shelf.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
Yes its not a parted up deal. Im pretty sure its original but had been cleaned up somewhat. Where I bought it he had a few planes out for sale and they were all cleaned up about the same. Handles appeared oiled up and not a lot of rust or pitting to be seen on any. No repainting or anything though. I assumed the owner just took care of them. Unfortunately he wasnt there and his wife was selling them. I have a Winchester spokeshave here too that Ive had for quite some time. Its also a Stanley product. I enjoy shooting also but Ive never really been a Winchester fan. I do have a nice Super X model 1 and a couple more of them but Now if Remington had their name on some planes I might perk up.
(06-13-2019, 07:54 AM)jasfrank Wrote: 85 was the price. AJ is right, nice plane at a fair price. I have seen a lot of planes through the years and that W5 is much rarer to find than a 605.  Especially in good condition. It’s headed to a good home!

I suck.
Laugh  

It will fill a hole in my collection of W planes.

I need to take inventory.  I think I may need a couple corrugated ones, but I am close to having one of each.

The corrugated planes are harder to find.
...Naval Aviators, that had balz made of brass and the size of bowling balls, getting shot off the deck at night, in heavy seas, hoping that when they leave the deck that the ship is pointed towards the sky and not the water.

AD1 T. O. Cronkhite