Thursday Blue Light Special..The amazing #540
Yankee Hand drill....Marked by the factory as a #540 but has many of the features of the outstanding Yankee #1540 FIVE position transmission. Good chuck looks like it can take up to a 1/2" bit...The top portion of the handle is removable and can accept a breast drill attachment...The side handle was missing when I acquired it but I had an extra "Chef's hat" knob in my junk box..it doesn't thread in all the way but a new,  longer handle could be made easily if desired...This is a serious, heavy drill, definitely NOT a toy,,I will remove the handles when I ship it so it will fit into a reasonably sized box......Here's a link that will explain it better than I can......

http://thevalleywoodworker.blogspot.com/...-hand.html
And another...........
https://www.popularwoodworking.com/woodw...erlatives/

Priced at $45.00 which includes shipping...USA sale only {sorry} Paypal only...Thanks for looking.

[Image: fullsizeoutput-6c5.jpg]

[Image: fullsizeoutput-6cb.jpg]

[Image: fullsizeoutput-6c9.jpg]

[Image: fullsizeoutput-6c7.jpg]
Often Tested.    Always Faithful.      Brothers Forever

Jack Edgar, Sgt. U.S. Marines, Korea, America's Forgotten War
Get off my lawn !
Upset

Just to clarify, does it have the 5 position transmission?

Mark

(06-13-2019, 11:48 AM)msweig Wrote: Just to clarify, does it have the 5 position transmission?  

Mark

Yes...I stated that it had the five in the first part of the post..
Big Grin...Not very clearly tho, I admit....
Crazy

Get off my lawn !
Upset

I have a 1545.  Those things are mechanical marvels.  
Yes
If you are going down a river at 2 mph and your canoe loses a wheel, how much pancake mix would you need to shingle your roof?

Can I have the board it is on.
Yes
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
(06-13-2019, 11:48 AM)msweig Wrote: Just to clarify, does it have the 5 position transmission?  

Mark
The 540 is identical to the 1540, but for the chuck. The 540 has a two-jaw chuck, like a brace, while the 1540 has the three-jaw chuck.
(06-13-2019, 04:22 PM)Arlin Eastman Wrote: Can I have the board it is on.
Yes
I better keep that one Arlin,.,,Its a piece of an 800yr old Sinker Cypress....... I can't bring myself to cut it!!!!!
Winkgrin
Big Grin

Get off my lawn !
Upset

(06-13-2019, 05:22 PM)Greg Jones Wrote: The 540 is identical to the 1540, but for the chuck. The 540 has a two-jaw chuck, like a brace, while the 1540 has the three-jaw chuck.

Thanks Mark..no wonder it looked so similar!!!!
Winkgrin

Get off my lawn !
Upset

PM and funds sent