Arbor for a Grizzly table saw
I need an arbor for a Grizzly table saw model G1023ZX.

The arbor part no. is P1023045 and the saw in question is a  right tilt 5HP table saw.

Called Grizzly and the saw was discontinued in 2016 and no parts are available and there are no parts that will  interchange. I didn't check but my guess is they no longer make a a right tilt saw.

I am well past retirement age and just being on the net is a milestone for me. My search skills fall in the  non existence collum. Any help would be appreciated because I do not have a clue as to where to look.

Tom
It's good you got the right answer--the older 1023's are mostly (if not all) right tilt, and the newer model with the same model number would probably not have any interchange parts with the old.

Yours would have been a Taiwan-built machine--mid to late 1980's i'm thinking. Who else was importing at that time?? That answer might find you an interchange part.
earl
What is bad on the arbor as the bearings are a separate item.   Roly
Did the arbor break? Did a bearing seize and wear down the shaft? Might be able to repair it.
(06-18-2019, 12:46 PM)tablesawtom Wrote: I need an arbor for a Grizzly table saw

If the alternative is to scrap an otherwise good saw, a local machine shop could make you a new arbor.
We do segmented turning, not because it is easy, but because it is hard.
(06-18-2019, 06:45 PM)SceneryMaker Wrote: If the alternative is to scrap an otherwise good saw, a local machine shop could make you a new arbor.

The bearing seized up and ruined the arbor under it. Welding is not an option, it will effect the total indicator run out of the shaft not to mention the flange run out. I am considering metal spraying. It would then need to be put on an OD grinder and reground that the face of the flange can also be side wheeled. As far as having a local machine shop make one forget it.  Cutting a left handed acme thread into a shoulder without special tooling? Good luck finding one.
If Grizzly discontinues a machine and doesn't stock spare parts for a few years on major parts, It kind of makes me not to consider buying any other machines from Grizzly. We had a sign above out time clock at a place I worked ( retired now) ) which read If we don't take care of our customers someone else will.
It has been 20 years, but my 1996 era Grizzly 1023 had, maybe .008" runout on the face of the arbor. i removed the arbor and had a machinist in my employ face grind the arbor to a couple of tenths. I wish I had gone full tilt and replaced the bearings with top quality at that time, but I didn't. Saw has been fine ever since, though the use is not that heavy.

I would try spray welding and grinding. Where are you located? Here in Central Pennsyltucky, a job like that would easily top several hundred, along with the new bearings. If I were doing this job, I would remoce the entire unit, so that whoever does the job, can fit the new bearings into the housing, and to the arbor. Downside will be the cost. Upside will be having a tablesaw equal to anything new on the market, provided sheave and motor bearings are good. Even then, might be wise to replace-cheap at this point. I would then remove the Grizzly name plate and paint the saw Delta gray.

For the cost of the repairs, you would be very hard pressed to come across anything as good. There used to be an outfit that rebuilt Unisaw arbor units, but haven't seen it in a while-might want to check on "Old Woodworking Machine" site.
Waiting to grow up beyond being just a member
www.metaltech-pm.com
Have you checked eBay?

Also, there are some right tilt Unisaw arbors on eBay, could one of these be adapted?
(06-19-2019, 05:18 AM)Tony Z Wrote: It has been 20 years, but my 1996 era Grizzly 1023 had, maybe .008" runout on the face of the arbor.  i removed the arbor and had a machinist in my employ face grind the arbor to a couple of tenths.  I wish I had gone full tilt and replaced the bearings with top quality at that time, but I didn't.  Saw has been fine ever since, though the use is not that heavy.

I would try spray welding and grinding.  Where are you located?  Here in Central Pennsyltucky, a job like that would easily top several hundred, along with the new bearings.  If I were doing this job, I would remoce the entire unit, so that whoever does the job, can fit the new bearings into the housing, and to the arbor.  Downside will be the cost.  Upside will be having a tablesaw equal to anything new on the market, provided sheave and motor bearings are good.  Even then, might be wise to replace-cheap at this point.  I would then remove the Grizzly name plate and paint the saw Delta gray.

For the cost of the repairs, you would be very hard pressed to come across anything as good.  There used to be an outfit that rebuilt Unisaw arbor units, but haven't seen it in a while-might want to check on "Old Woodworking Machine" site.

Just a heads up, the OWWM site does not permit discussions on Pacific Rim equipment, at least that has been my experience...Maybe if the request is phrased "looking for a machine shop to replace/repair an obsolete part", with no reference to original manufacturer...

Good luck