Pete Taran is Back in Business
Looks like the successor to the Independence Saw is now available:

NE Plus Ultra Saws
(06-19-2019, 04:53 PM)Philip1231 Wrote: Looks like the successor to the Independence Saw is now available:

NE Plus Ultra Saws

Those look extremely nice.  You will own own.  Also points to how reasonable the LN saws are priced.
Awesome!  
Yes
Big Grin
The wrong kind of non-conformist.

http://www.norsewoodsmith.com
Well, let's see...[opens wallet, moths fly out]...nope, not this week.
I have the original ..

LN on top, IT at the bottom ...
[Image: Father-and-Son-Independence-Tools-and-Li...l-m703.jpg]

Review here: http://www.inthewoodshop.com/ToolReviews...0saws.html

Pete recalled building the saw as it had distinctive curly maple. I think that he remembers every one of his children. Recently, he sent me an email when I posted this picture ... he could recognise the saw from this detail!

[Image: H.jpg]

Regards from Perth

Derek
Articles on furniture building, shop made tools and tool reviews at www.inthewoodshop.com
One of these beauties is on its way (I hope) as we speak. Agree 100%: LN DT saw has to be the best bang for the buck out there.

(06-19-2019, 05:29 PM)Mike Brady Wrote: Those look extremely nice.  You will own own.  Also points to how reasonable the LN saws are priced.
Trout Victor bought one for me from BadAxe and it looks as good as this.
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
Arlin: I am sure it does: Bad Axe makes some very nice saws as well. I hope you are putting it to good use! Phil

(06-20-2019, 11:25 AM)Arlin Eastman Wrote: Trout Victor bought one for me from BadAxe and it looks as good as this.
Awesome. I hope Pete makes it
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

Agree: enough saw makers have gone out of business over the last 20 years or so: nice to see one make a comeback.

(06-20-2019, 12:08 PM)Stwood_ Wrote: Awesome. I hope Pete makes it