HANDTOOLS: Blocks; Starrett; Dividers; Marples Gouge
I've been working on tools and haven't gotten around to posting; here's another, to be followed by another with some quality handsaws, so stay tuned.

All of the block planes have been fully cleaned, irons flattened and sharpened at 25 degrees on my Tormek, pretty darn sharp but additional honing will improve the already good performance.

A lot more pics can be found in a Flickr album found here; I'll attach some teasers so you can see one before going to the album:  https://www.flickr.com/photos/9433588@N0...9180939371

First block is a Sweetheart vintage #103 block plane, the original "apron" plane; this design has a notched iron with a fine adjustment lever action that works very well. Plenty of iron left, nice handy size, very useful in the shop for smaller tasks; hard to find in good shape, and yummy SW era laminated iron. Ready to be put to wood as the pics show. Yours for $25 plus shipping.  Teaser pic:

[Image: 48100120672_d63d1eba86_b.jpg]

SOLD Next is a Stanley #9 1/4; 95% japanning on body, plenty of iron, it performs as you can see; your standard block plane with the screw adjustment and lateral lever; solid user for someone. Yours for $30 plus shipping.
[Image: 48100066468_ef3ba0bd64_b.jpg]

SOLD Next is a really crispy non-branded, but clearly Stanley manufactured #9 1/2, adjustable mouth plane. Crispy, 98% japanning; zero apologies, likely sold by Montgomery Wards or another contract retailer as was common back in the day; Sweetheart laminated iron with plenty of length. Yours for $35 plus shipping; great user, you won't regret it. teaser pic:
[Image: 48100066278_cf73736fc0_b.jpg]

SOLD Next is a 1/2" Marples (Sheffield) incannel gouge; not much use, crisp gouge that still has the "shamrock" Marples label; handle solid, great length, yours for $18 plus shipping. Teaser pic:
[Image: 48100120892_fee9c79d65_b.jpg]

SOLD Next is a very nice Starrett 6" combination square, with a "hardened" square head (look it up, these hardened heads are premium items) that also comes with a Brown & Sharpe center head, which fits just dandy. The scale (e.g., the ruler part) is in excellent condition; overall a very nice piece, and has Starrett accuracy. I would not be without mine in my apron, very much used tool. Yours for $42 plus shipping, you are really getting the center head for free; if you want a quality measuring and marking tool at a reasonable price, here's your chance.  teaser pic:
[Image: 48100065998_226d45653d_b.jpg]

Last up are a few dividers; from left to right, SOLDStarrett 8"; SOLDStarrett 6" (take your pick for $17 + shipping each); a solid leg type marked 'cast steel' circa turn of the century with fine adjustment mechanism ($15 + shipping); and a very uncommon SOLD Brown & Sharpe #008, 2 1/2", solid milled leg divider, great smaller size and very crisp, cute little bugger, eh? $20 plus shipping.

[Image: 48100020306_491d07400c_b.jpg]

As always, first PM with an unequivocal "I'll take it" gets priority, and please include your full shipping address so I can print mailing labels and quote you shipping. I don't have paypal or any other EFT, so payment by USPS money order please, unless I know you from the forum then checks are just fine. Always quality tools that I would own, priced to sell to users. Thanks for looking.
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
6" Starrett square is sold.  So are the 8 and 6" starrett dividers, and the B&S divider.
If I had the funds that gouge would be coming our way.  Looks like a great carving one to.
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
Marples gouge is sold.
(06-21-2019, 06:09 AM)Admiral Wrote: Marples gouge is sold.

Crap...I would have taken that gouge.
Smirk

Let me know if you find another one.
What I really like also if anyone noticed is the handle.

The end of the handle is great to use while on one side but the inner handle part is where you can place your hand while carving which really makes sense.

I am going to try this on other handless gouges I have. 

This one looks brand new and would be wonderful to have used it.
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
(06-21-2019, 08:28 AM)FrankAtl Wrote: Crap...I would have taken that gouge.
Smirk

Let me know if you find another one.

It's all in the hands of the flea market gods!  Dunno what I'm going to find day to day; if I had my druthers, I'd be finding full sets of Marples gouges in a wood box!!!  This one was a gem.  But I keep hunting.....
(06-21-2019, 03:01 PM)Admiral Wrote: It's all in the hands of the flea market gods!  Dunno what I'm going to find day to day; if I had my druthers, I'd be finding full sets of Marples gouges in a wood box!!!  This one was a gem.  But I keep hunting.....

The "Thrill of the Hunt" is what kept me going to flea markets and tool meets...one sure doesn't do it for the money..
No
Uhoh ..It's true what they say about the bear......
Crazy
Winkgrin
Often Tested.    Always Faithful.      Brothers Forever

Jack Edgar, Sgt. U.S. Marines, Korea, America's Forgotten War
Get off my lawn !
Upset

You must have some killer flea markets around you!
Quote:to be followed by another with some quality handsaws, so stay tuned.
Don't mind me as I impatiently hit refresh waiting for the handsaw post 
Laugh