Wood floor layout
  Re: RE: Wood floor layout by doobes (When the Hickory flo...)
(07-13-2019, 09:57 AM)doobes Wrote: When the Hickory flooring was installed in my house, it was put in across the entryway like you propose and inline with the rest of the house.  Looks fine.

We were >< close to ordering Hickory from Lowes today. Nice look but HD had an oak that was very close in color for $0.60 a sq ft, plus another 5% cheaper with the contractor discount.

"My mortgage self-identifies as a student loan."
... Kizar Sozay

Neil Summers Home Inspections
  Re: Wood floor layout by Snipe Hunter (I just ordered floor...)
I look at all the ice cubes spitting out of my dispenser after I walk away. Make sure homeowners insurance will cover T&G wood in a kitchen. I wouldn't warranty it.

Ps. Ha! You are an inspector. Just read my Post.
  Re: Wood floor layout by Snipe Hunter (I just ordered floor...)
I'm not concerned about home owners insurance to cover my flooring in front of the refrigerator. That's not why I have it. If there's a problem, I'll fix it. Most nicer new homes I inspect either have tile or wood in the kitchen. O wouldn't use a laminate or engineered ply. It isn't difficult to repair a wood floor. It's probably easier than repairing any other flooring.

"My mortgage self-identifies as a student loan."
... Kizar Sozay

Neil Summers Home Inspections
  Re: RE: Wood floor layout by Snipe Hunter (I'm not concerned ab...)
(07-16-2019, 07:14 AM)Snipe Hunter Wrote: I'm not concerned about home owners insurance to cover my flooring in front of the refrigerator. That's not why I have it. SNIP>>>>

Sometimes I wonder why I have insurance. To get a decent repair the only time I called it up the cost was double what insurance paid. And, half the repair was of destruction by the emergency service crew.