A new Desk for me
Wow! You have some heavy duty shelves. 

It's all looking good!
Didn't bother to resaw  them...
Door is now in the clamps, after I had cleaned up the four Ash parts with the no. 11 Junior Jack plane...
Winkgrin

Inside of the door....I used a pair of cauls at the top and bottom  ends..
Cool 

Outside of the door.  Trying to decide which way will be up....Dug out some hardware..

waiting on the glue to cure for a day....then clean it up a bit, and a coat of stain...once that is dry, I'll shellac the entire hutch, door and all. 

looking like "Moving Day" will be this coming weekend?  Old desk will be heading for the curb...
Winkgrin 
Stay tuned...
Winkgrin 

BTW: will have to relocate one front bracket...
Rolleyes

As it won't allow the door to open all the way....will tuck the one on the right around the corner, out of the way.   Drill is for pilot holes for the bracket install.
Show me a picture, I'll build a project from that
Just a PIP, for now...Brackets are installed, after the shellac had dried a bit...the back ones

and the front ones...
Cool

Door is done, hardware and all..
Winkgrin

And the PIP?
Confused 

And a view from the other direction...
Cool

Needs another coat of shellac...then a rub down of 0000 steel wool...don't want it too shiny
Rolleyes 

looking like maybe Friday for a Moving Day?
Confused   need to round up some helpers....Desk can come back apart to be moved....will take the drawers out, too.

Did you know there is a size of Phillips screwdrivers smaller than a #1 tip?   Even dug one out, today.  
Rolleyes

Knee had rehab, today....a wee bit on the sore side, right now.  Fun part will be getting the old desk out of the way, and installing the new desk....with the computer in place....should I post a few pictures of that?
Confused   Fairly certain that there will be cussing involved...
Uhoh
Stay tuned  
Winkgrin
another great piece! thanks for sharing
Moving Day was today
Cool 
Out with the old desk....
Rolleyes

Then with a lot of help from Grandson #3 after he got home from work..
Winkgrin

Brought it upstairs in piecees..6 drawers...1 hutch,,,then two people to carry the desk up the stairs.   Set it down near it's new home, reassembled it...then a "test fit" with the computer chair..and a fat old Grandpa...with a brand new hat!
Cool

Hey....I fit!
Cool 

next up? have the shop to clean up, re-organize..and then rehab a new item..
Rolleyes

$15 Garage sale item...Stanley No. 246 Mitre Box and it's matching saw...once things get cleaned up in the shop...
Cool 

thanks for following along
Winkgrin
Thanks for another great build Bandit!!
Mark Singleton

Bene vivendo est optimum vindictae

The Laws of Physics do not care about your Politics   -  Me
Here here

Thanks for sharing

I really enjoy your threads