More house building fun with bureaucrats
(07-02-2019, 05:28 PM)Wild Turkey Wrote: Just check "Bing Maps" --driveway entrance is "295" but house location (400' off the road) is "188".
Rolleyes  

Wouldn't the planning and zoning commission have the subdivision information on a map?  Or is that just block and lot numbers?

I've found that map programs often put the bullseye in the wrong place.  Sometimes close, and sometimes pretty far off.
Tom

“This place smells like that odd combination of flop sweat, hopelessness, aaaand feet"
(07-03-2019, 09:28 AM)TDKPE Wrote: Wouldn't the planning and zoning commission have the subdivision information on a map?  

Yes. Whoever issued the building permit has the address.
Mark

I'm no expert, unlike everybody else here - Busdrver

Nah...I like you, young feller...You remind me of my son... Timberwolf 03/27/12

Here's a fact: Benghazi is a Pub Legend... CharlieD 04/19/15

Two different parts of the bureauscracy. 911 folks and planing and development

They both think they are the most important so they won’t talk to each other.
"Truth is a highway leading to freedom"  --Kris Kristofferson

Wild Turkey
We may see the writing on the wall, but all we do is criticize the handwriting.
(joined 10/1999)
Tell em to send all mail to shop address...........
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

In Hawaii, they use the tax master key to identify the lot.
VH07V  
(07-02-2019, 09:07 AM)Wild Turkey Wrote: Bank finally got around to setting a closing date for the construction load.  

Got an urgent email need the exact address from the county.

County won't tell us what the address is until we have the foundation laid.

So what does the bank use for an address??????
Rolleyes
Call your county and ask them what the address is on the tax form.  You may also be able to go online and get the address from a land record search.  Here you can.
Eldest son/LOHL/daughters just bought their first real house. They have been trailer dwellers until now. They spent months looking(small budget). Using a VA loan(they had a great VA loan agent) and an exemplary buyers agent(kinda rare) they found a house that suited all but one of their wants/needs. To top that off, the seller agreed to pay closing costs and fix all the problems found in the two inspections(city/VA). Then the appraisal came in at $10K below the asking price(VA will not loan above that). The seller then agreed to meet the appraisal plus closing costs and fixing the inspection gigs! Their eldest son has 8 friends to help move and the company that sold/placed their storage shed(12' by 20') will move it for $100.

Too good to be true, right?

Yes
Yes
Yes  Instead of the original closing date of today, the seller asked for more time to coordinate repairs(like replacing the electrical panel) and asked for the entire month of July.
Uhoh
Uhoh

They were half packed when that occurred. So, now the anticipation  and angst is increased. I told them how really lucky they are and they agree, but the waiting is hard.
Laugh
Don’t you have power?
The utility company has your address.
Gary

Please don’t quote the trolls.
Liberty, Freedom and Individual Responsibility
Say what you'll do and do what you say.
(07-08-2019, 09:00 PM)Gary G™ Wrote: Don’t you have power?
The utility company has your address.

They mail it to our in-town address, using the address we got from the water company.

However the County Planning and Development department wants everyone to convert to the County 911 service addresses which the 911 folks don't want to give out until concrete is poured.

Petty bureaucrats more interested in their jobs than in serving the community.
Upset
"Truth is a highway leading to freedom"  --Kris Kristofferson

Wild Turkey
We may see the writing on the wall, but all we do is criticize the handwriting.
(joined 10/1999)
(02-08-2022, 10:17 AM)Raywaytut Wrote: Ok, now this situation is a pretty weird one, but don't worry, there's a solution. Every single terrain that is being owned, has a code or something similar to it. I've learned this from LINK DELETED and it is a lifesaver thing. With that code, you can find the exact location of the terrain and the area that involves it. This is the easiest way of finding its position. After this, I'm sure that you can complete every single paper that the bank is asking you to do. Then, you'll be able to do whatever you want with your property.

SPAMMER DISPATCHED
[Image: usa-flag-waving-united-states-of-america...if-clr.gif]