Resaw blade?
I have a 14”Rikon band saw that takes a 111” blade.
I have a lot of resawing to do soon.
What blade do you recommend?

I will be resawing to turn 4/4 stock into door panels.
I’ve done some resawing with what hss blades i have on hand but not nearly as much as what I’m lining up to do soon so I’m looking for recommendations on a good blade to get the work done well.
As always thanks for your suggestions.
Ray
Ray
I'd recommend a Timberwolf blade from Suffolk Machinery. That said, the only resawing I've done was on a 9" Craftsman band saw using an 80" 3 TPI Timberwolf blade. The poor little saw sailed through  4+ inch thick red oak and never batted an eyelash. I wasn't feeding fast or slow, only as fast as I felt the saw could handle, ie. just on the edge of too fast.
There is no such thing as too much horsepower, free lunch or spare change ~ anonymous

87% of people say their mental health is good to excellent. The rest are sane enough to know they are lying. ~ anonymous
(07-04-2019, 06:13 PM)DogwoodTales Wrote: I have a 14”Rikon band saw that takes a 111” blade.
I have a lot of resawing to do soon.
What blade do you recommend?

I will be resawing to turn 4/4 stock into door panels.
I’ve done some resawing with what hss  blades i have on hand but not nearly as much as what I’m lining up to do soon so I’m looking for recommendations on a good blade to get the work done well.
As always thanks for your suggestions.
Ray

For "a lot of resawing" you should consider a bimetal blade, such as the Lennox Diemaster II, or Olson MVP.  On a 14" saw a 1/2" x 3 tpi blade is a good choice.  

John
The bi metal blades are a good compromise between cost and life. You would probably have problems with a carbide tipped blade on a 14" saw and they aren't always worth the cost anyway. I have a couple of Diemaster II blades and they are top notch.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
Laguna Resaw King.  
[Image: 4svBalq.jpg]
I resaw anything that will fit in the saw.
[Image: ZLPC25E.jpg]
[Image: kRdORyG.jpg]
I used it to resaw cedar fence
pickets to make paneling for my greenhouse.
[Image: LRMWPUV.jpg]
he not busy being born,
Is busy dying.
--Bob Dylan
(07-04-2019, 07:07 PM)Redman Wrote: I'd recommend a Timberwolf blade from Suffolk Machinery. That said, the only resawing I've done was on a 9" Craftsman band saw using an 80" 3 TPI Timberwolf blade. The poor little saw sailed through  4+ inch thick red oak and never batted an eyelash. I wasn't feeding fast or slow, only as fast as I felt the saw could handle, ie. just on the edge of too fast.

I agree with Red,I use a 1/2" 3TPI Viceroy,sold by Lee Valley but made by Timberwolf (no not Jack).I have never had a problem with them.

Mel
ABC(Anything But Crapsman)club member
(07-05-2019, 08:56 AM)chips ahoy Wrote: I agree with Red,I use a 1/2" 3TPI Viceroy,sold by Lee Valley but made by Timberwolf (no not Jack).I have never had a problem with them.

Mel

[Image: vs_cool.gif]
There is no such thing as too much horsepower, free lunch or spare change ~ anonymous

87% of people say their mental health is good to excellent. The rest are sane enough to know they are lying. ~ anonymous
I'll second justdraftjn's recommendation. I got a Laguna Resaw King when I bought my bandsaw several years ago. I only use it for resawing. It is amazing. Recently I've been resawing pine and soft maple. It cruises through both and leaves an almost finished surface. It works just as well on white oak cherry and walnut. They're expensive, but they have carbide tips and can be resharpened. Having said that, I've had mine for about eight years and I've never had to have it sharpened.
So just and hank what size bandsaws do you have?
Looks like just has a 14”. What about John’s concern about using carbide on a 14”? Any issues with that?
Ray
If at all possible, bite the bullet and go carbide.

https://www.bandsawbladesdirect.com/leno...saw-blades