Shed is leaning
I have a shed I built on a concrete slab and over the years it took on a lean to it. Was looking at the other day and was wondering who do you call if I were to have it lifted on one side to level it off??  Do they put anything under the slab after they lift it?? Should not be too hard if you have the right equipment. What would something like that cost??
John T.
Just to be clear, the concrete slab is sinking on one side?
Matt

If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.
-Jack Handy

(07-09-2019, 10:47 PM)EatenByLimestone Wrote: Just to be clear, the concrete slab is sinking on one side?

Yes the whole shed is anchored to the slab and one side has been leaning. When I built it many years ago I believed the ground was solid and I used blue stone for the foundation and the framed it and layed wire mesh in the concrete and did it right. But seem over the years the whole slab and all has taken on a tilt I am one of those with what do they call that OCD I hate thing out of plumb. Next year I am getting siding on my house along with a new roof and will reroof the shed too. Then want to spruce it up with new color paint and fix some trim boards. But the lean has me going nuts. Looking at the front of the shed it is leaning to the left. Front to back is fine. Go figure. Now that I think of it the neighbor had a tree that was not that far from there and he took it down about 10 years ago. Maybe the root system was under my property and it started to decay over the years. Only explanation I can think of.
John T.
It would be cheaper to shim the shed back to level.  If the slab is elevated, trim the bottom to overlap the slab to hide the varying gap, if that's possible.
Tom

“This place smells like that odd combination of flop sweat, hopelessness, aaaand feet"
Mud jacking? 17.
(07-10-2019, 07:39 AM)Phil Thien Wrote: Mud jacking?  17.

I think this would be the first option I would look into.  That way you get everything back to level w/o shimming, etc.  Whether or not the shed is plumb afterwards is another question, but you should be able to pull it back to a plumb condition with diagonal cables and turn buckles once the slab is level.  

John
Wondering what size shed you're talking about...
Check out this page for average mud jacking costs...

HomeAdvisor
Can you do it yourself?  Dig a couple of holes maybe just one depending on size of shed,
just under the leaning edge, deep enough to get some 2x4 supports and good stiff jack in.
Maybe have to pour a  quickie pad for the jacks to sit on.  Jack it level.  Install some new
supports on corners.
[Image: BUpAyX8.png]
he not busy being born,
Is busy dying.
--Bob Dylan
If the shed is just leaning a little do as Tom said but make it reversible.   It may not be done sinking, if that is the case you will need a repeat with mud jacking.  Roly