Yankee 131a screwdriver
Now have a nice set of handles..
Cool

had to spent a whopping $4 for all of this....average was $1 a piece...
Rolleyes
Show me a picture, I'll build a project from that
(07-14-2019, 07:10 AM)perchriver Wrote: Does anyone know where I can purchase a replacement spring for a Yankee 131a.  Thanks.

You could always make one, here's a humorous, entertaining but very useful video on the subject, https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_conti...Aawhg6JtyY
"Yes, of course duct tape works in a near-vacuum. Duct tape works anywhere. Duct tape is magic and should be worshiped." Andy Weir (in his book The Martian)
(07-21-2019, 03:38 PM)bandit571 Wrote: Now have a nice set of handles..
Cool
[Image: attachment.php?aid=19547]
had to spent a whopping $4 for all of this....average was $1 a piece...
Rolleyes
They're perfect!
(07-25-2019, 12:27 PM)kdouglaslee Wrote: You could always make one, here's a humorous, entertaining but very useful video on the subject, https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_conti...Aawhg6JtyY
I said earlier in the thread....I have a #131A in the shop....only thing missing is the selector switch...spring is intact..let me know where to send it...
(07-14-2019, 07:10 AM)perchriver Wrote: Does anyone know where I can purchase a replacement spring for a Yankee 131a.  Thanks.

if you are still looking i have a bunch
brand new
$19.99 canadian
let me know if that interests you
(07-25-2019, 12:27 PM)kdouglaslee Wrote: You could always make one, here's a humorous, entertaining but very useful video on the subject, https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_conti...Aawhg6JtyY
I have made lots of springs in the past...but This Old Tony's "wire brake" idea is a trick I will remember from this video...thanks for the link!
Winkgrin
Often Tested.    Always Faithful.      Brothers Forever

Jack Edgar, Sgt. U.S. Marines, Korea, America's Forgotten War
Get off my lawn !
Upset

These are the "other half" of what I have....seems to be one or two at about every garage sale....when they have "TOOLS!"  for sale...

Good thing they usually put these on a table...otherwise, I'd be tripping over the dang things
Winkgrin
Then there are the push drills...and the eggbeater drills...and the braces...
I might just have a few of each.....

Half of the eggbeaters, maybe?

Push drills, screwdrivers, braces, and more eggbeaters....and a few other tools.....
Winkgrin
(07-14-2019, 12:18 PM)Admiral Wrote: Yeah, unfortunately the only way is to find another 131; or find a spring in the bottom of a tool box, as many original owners removed the spring for some reason, I've found many that have had the spring taken out.  I'll check to see if I have a donor (don't think so), but its a donor you need as these springs were pretty specific to the tool.

Before cordless drills I used my Yankee  for screwing hinges into the door and jamb. I removed the spring when I was warned that the spring action could be dangerous when installing mirrors and such.  I haven't seen the spring in 50+ years.
mike