Electric home wiring question
(07-24-2019, 08:30 AM)rwe2156 Wrote: Splices need to be in an accessible box.

That is the national residential code.
Neil Summers Home Inspections

I came to a stop sign and a skanky tweaker chick in a tube top climbed out of the brush and propositioned me.  She looked like she didn't have any teeth so I counted that as a plus.

... Kizar Sosay

Forgot to ask... What height are they at now and where does she want them. Usually the lights should be at face level for those that put on face paint every day. It eliminates shadows.
Get covers that match the boxes where they are now, put your splice in the old box. Paint the cover to match the wall .
(07-17-2019, 06:35 AM)Snipe Hunter Wrote: +1

Or cut the wire below the height of the vanity and install a junction box accessible from inside the vanity and feed the new lamps from there.

If I'm not too late, a variation on this approach is to use the same box location but rotate them so they are accessible from the adjacent room.  This works if the adjacent room is a closet or under a stair and it doesn't matter to you that you that the coverplates are visible.  I've done this in the past and it makes things simple.