Handworks 2020
Still in Iowa, alas, too far from me.

http://www.handworks.co/
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
Back the end of the last century, I spent almost 6 months commuting from SoCal to Cedar Rapids. Was too far by air and now that I really cannot fly anymore, it really is TOO far.
Thanks,  Curt
-----------------
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards."
      -- Soren Kierkegaard
(07-21-2019, 07:52 AM)Admiral Wrote: Still in Iowa, alas, too far from me.

At least it's still around unlike Woodworking in America. May be a pipe dream for that to ever come back now.
Admiral and Curt, it is worth the drive.
...Naval Aviators, that had balz made of brass and the size of bowling balls, getting shot off the deck at night, in heavy seas, hoping that when they leave the deck that the ship is pointed towards the sky and not the water.

AD1 T. O. Cronkhite
(07-21-2019, 07:52 AM)Admiral Wrote: Still in Iowa, alas, too far from me.

Rich,
If you decide to go please stop in Ohio and pick me up.  
Yes
Big Grin

Lonnie
Cool - had to cancel last minute for the last one.

I'll make plans for the 10 hour drive this time.
Yes
"Oh. Um, l-- look, i-- i-- if we built this large wooden badger" ~ Sir Bedevere
I'm glad to see that it's back. Interesting that they moved it from May to September. Should be a nice time of year (for Iowa).
Vince Ancona
WoodNet Moderator
Editor, Woodsmith Magazine
(07-21-2019, 09:46 PM)Martin S. Wrote: Admiral and Curt, it is worth the drive.
I know it is. But at 4K+ mile for the round trip, I'll have to wait for my wife to retire - she has to do the driving.
Thanks,  Curt
-----------------
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards."
      -- Soren Kierkegaard
(07-22-2019, 08:38 PM)cputnam Wrote: I know it is.  But at 4K+ mile for the round trip, I'll have to wait for my wife to retire - she has to do the driving.

Every time the show is here I say I am not going to bother going. It is only a two hour drive for me and not 7-10. But this year I think I will go both days. I have a couple of friends I would like to take, but three is a crowd, so it will have to be two days

The wife and I get down to Amana a couple of times a year. There are lots of things for the wife to do, see, shop, and eat  for at least all day. There is also a Big Tanger Mall a few miles away so she will have more than enough to do without you.

It is a nice place to visit and if you get a chance you will have a good time. Who knows I might even wear my burgundy tee shirt that says Tablesawtom on it so I can be found in the crowd.

Tom
Maybe this will be the year for me.  Hoping I can take off work.  It's been super busy at work for me the last couple of years.
Still Learning,

Allan Hill