Looking for info about coffee table
Hello, I'm fairly new to the forums so I hope this kind of post is allowed and in the right place. I recently acquired this coffee table but I don't know anything about furniture. It's a nice solid little table with no issues other than needing to be refinished. It's not really a project I'm looking to take on right now so my plan is to sell it in it's current condition to either someone who'd like to use it as is or make it their project. My issue is that I'm not sure how much to ask for it in this condition and was hoping to find someone who may know what it would be worth.

Thanks in advance for any help.

[Image: q6fNsl.jpg][Image: qh7RmI.jpg]

[Image: WbJRxi.jpg][Image: Zm7hmm.jpg]

[Image: CneJnM.jpg]
(07-26-2019, 08:36 PM)TroyJustin Wrote: Hello, I'm fairly new to the forums so I hope this kind of post is allowed and in the right place. I recently acquired this coffee table but I don't know anything about furniture. It's a nice solid little table with no issues other than needing to be refinished. It's not really a project I'm looking to take on right now so my plan is to sell it in it's current condition to either someone who'd like to use it as is or make it their project. My issue is that I'm not sure how much to ask for it in this condition and was hoping to find someone who may know what it would be worth.

Thanks in advance for any help.

[Image: q6fNsl.jpg][Image: qh7RmI.jpg]

[Image: WbJRxi.jpg][Image: Zm7hmm.jpg]

[Image: CneJnM.jpg]

Maybe $30
I don't see much finish on the bottom, but if there's an inconspicuous place to see if the finish is easily dissolved with lacquer thinner it might be real easy to restore the top.
Sign at N.E. Vocational School Cabinetmaking Shop 1976, "Free knowledge given daily... Bring your own container"
It is not “old”, old. It might be from the 1950’s but not likely older than that. 
If the assembly screws are flat head, that would make it 1950s, Phillips head, 1960s or later.

Without matching chairs, it might be worth $50-100 depending on location. Here in Florida, it would have no real value since we have so many retirees who pass on here. a lot of furniture gets sold here at low prices because the family does not want to haul it. Only the best pieces make any price here.
Ralph Bagnall
www.woodcademy.com
Watch Woodcademy TV free on our website.
I’ve seen tables like that selling at estate sales in the $100-200 range in good condition . It depends on how the table is marketed and you finding a potential buyer. Looking at the picture you might apply a coat of some Howard’s Restor-A-Finish and increase the value and make a sale easier.

https://www.howardproducts.com/product/restor-a-finish/
Any free advice given is worth double price paid.
It looks like oak and many of those end up on CL for ZIP.
Gary

Please don’t quote the trolls.
Liberty, Freedom and Individual Responsibility
Say what you'll do and do what you say.
I don't see you getting anything for it. It doesn't appear to be from any special maker nor does it appear to be particularly old.  If it is not a project you want to take on as a restoration and you don't see any use for the wood, I'd offer it up for free to someone who wants it.
$20 AT BEST if you’re lucky around here.
-Marc

(07-30-2019, 05:02 AM)WaterlooMarc Wrote: $20 AT BEST if you’re lucky around here.

+1

Sorry but nothing special about a red oak table.
Problem is you don't have the matching side tables, so its a one-off piece, of no particular maker, unremarkable in construction, and frankly of a style not particularly in vogue right now. Sounds like a gift to someone to me.
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis