Sliding Home
(07-31-2019, 10:38 AM)WoodTinker Wrote: My thoughts would be to slide it in from the back and only glue the front a couple of inches.  This would let the expansion and contraction be at the back. The grain direction is the same in the sides and panel, so you are probably fine.

Yes, that's what I was getting at. Those sides will expand/contract. Gluing front *and* back may/may not be a problem.
I would have glued front only also.
But, like you say, the grain direction is the same.
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

Nice work Hank! Been there done that and it worked well for me too.
Any free advice given is worth double price paid.
Looking great. When I built mine years ago, the placement of the hinges for the lid was a tricky affair. It was trial and error and I ended up filling in screw holes until I got the right placement.
(08-04-2019, 08:25 PM)Scoony Wrote: Looking great. When I built mine years ago, the placement of the hinges for the lid was a tricky affair. It was trial and error and I ended up filling in screw holes until I got the right placement.

Thanks for the heads-up Scoony. A friend sent me a diagram for the hinge placement. I hope it works!