JOHN DEERE RIDING MOWER
D130 with weird engine issue.

Starts & runs OK..........for 10-15min!  Then starts "skipping" or "coughing" as if it's running out of gas and shuts down!

Brought it to dealer....."CNR" [could not replicate!].  I ran the mower around the parking lot for 10-15 min and it ran fine!  Go figure!!

It has fresh gas, new in-line fuel filter, new air filter, and the solenoid's spring is OK [Gas is present.]

Tech suggested removing the gas tank cover and restart.  Same effect.
(08-05-2019, 07:03 AM)varkpilot Wrote: D130 with weird engine issue.

Starts & runs OK..........for 10-15min!  Then starts "skipping" or "coughing" as if it's running out of gas and shuts down!

Brought it to dealer....."CNR" [could not replicate!].  I ran the mower around the parking lot for 10-15 min and it ran fine!  Go figure!!

It has fresh gas, new in-line fuel filter, new air filter, and the solenoid's spring is OK [Gas is present.]

Check the choke...I had a very similar situation with a Snapper Walk behind this weekend...
Spark plug. When it gets hot, can fail but run fine when cool.

Other possible stuff;

Are you mowing on hilly ground? Check the dip tube in the gas tank.

Check the deck bearings- sometimes they can begin seizing when they heat up.

Magneto and wire resistance, carb has junk in it, low compression, you have a curse...........
vent in gas cap clogged causing a vacuum in the tank?
WoodNET... the new safespace
Does it have a low oil shut down
Valve sticking.

Ed
One thing I forgot to mention. Remove the fuel line right after the tank or before the fuel filter and blow back into the tank and see if that doesn't work. That gasoline/alcohol will coagulate at that exit point of the tank. If it clears it, remove and wash the tank out and clean the fuel lines.

Safety switches and the other stuff mentioned above.
My Husky rider was doing something similar so I made a video of it when it was running rough Showed it to mechanic and he said it was a warranty issue

Don’t know if you could get anything that would help

Good luck!
"Truth is a highway leading to freedom"  --Kris Kristofferson

Wild Turkey
We may see the writing on the wall, but all we do is criticize the handwriting.
(joined 10/1999)
(08-05-2019, 07:03 AM)varkpilot Wrote: D130 with weird engine issue.

My old JD Lx186 did something similar. Ran great until hot then would quit until cool.
Ended up being the fuel pump. Its a little square thing mounted on the engine.
Make sure the seat is positioned right. Had someone shorter use my mower and had the same issue. The sensor was indicating they were getting off the seat but they were just reaching for the footfeed to far. Everytime I drove it would run fine.