Craftsman 4-Jaw Chuck for Wood Lathe
Very clean 4-jaw chuck for a Craftsman wood lathe. The chuck is 6-1/2 inches in diameter. The 3/4"-16 mounting threads are perfect, as are the jaws. The jaws are reversible.

Fits a variety of Craftsman wood lathes.

These 4-jaw chucks are very handy for turning irregular shaped chunks of wood.

Asking $120 plus actual shipping.  Timberwolf and Randy B. convinced me to buy a spindle adapter, so the chuck is no longer for sale. Sorry!

Bob Page
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
In da U.P. of Michigan
www.loonlaketoolworks.com
(08-05-2019, 01:03 PM)enjuneer Wrote: Very clean 4-jaw chuck for a Craftsman wood lathe. The chuck is 6-1/2 inches in diameter. The 3/4"-16 mounting threads are perfect, as are the jaws. The jaws are reversible.

Fits a variety of Craftsman wood lathes.

Asking $120 plus actual shipping.

Because each jaw is independently adjusted...I have one for my ancient Atlas/Craftsman Combination wood/metal lathe..a very handy chuck for sure!!!!!!!!!
Yes
Often Tested.    Always Faithful.      Brothers Forever

Jack Edgar, Sgt. U.S. Marines, Korea, America's Forgotten War
Get off my lawn !
Upset

(08-06-2019, 08:26 AM)Timberwolf Wrote: .........................

Because each jaw is independently adjusted...I have one for my ancient Atlas/Craftsman Combination wood/metal lathe..a very handy chuck for sure!!!!!!!!!
Yes

That is exactly why I bought it. I love 4-jaw chucks. Unfortunately, I incorrectly remembered the thread on my lathe and it does not fit. I must sell it to buy the correct one 
Big Grin
Bob Page
In da U.P. of Michigan
(08-06-2019, 10:14 AM)enjuneer Wrote: That is exactly why I bought it. I love 4-jaw chucks. Unfortunately, I incorrectly remembered the thread on my lathe and it does not fit. I must sell it to buy the correct one 
Big Grin

Would a spindle adapter work?

Adapters
Reality is a nice place to visit, but I wouldn't want to live there.
(08-06-2019, 10:14 AM)enjuneer Wrote: That is exactly why I bought it. I love 4-jaw chucks. Unfortunately, I incorrectly remembered the thread on my lathe and it does not fit. I must sell it to buy the correct one 
Big Grin

Bob, if it doesn't sell, you might be able to buy {or make one yourself} an adapter...I have another 4-jaw independent chuck that has a 1 1/2"X8TPI for my South Bend lathe and I bought an adapter from Woodcraft to be able to mount it on jet wood lathe with a one inch headstock.

Google "lathe spindle adapter...Ebay

https://www.google.com/search?source=hp&...gIgh-XzO3g
Often Tested.    Always Faithful.      Brothers Forever

Jack Edgar, Sgt. U.S. Marines, Korea, America's Forgotten War
Get off my lawn !
Upset

(08-06-2019, 10:37 AM)Timberwolf Wrote: ......
Bob, if it doesn't sell, you might be able to buy {or make one yourself} an adapter...I have another 4-jaw independent chuck that has a 1 1/2"X8TPI for my South Bend lathe and I bought an adapter from Woodcraft to be able to mount it on jet wood lathe with a one inch headstock.

Gave him a link to adapters in the post above yours!
Reality is a nice place to visit, but I wouldn't want to live there.
Thanks guys! I just ordered a suitable adapter for my lathe.

I guess the chuck is no longer for sale. Sorry!
Bob Page
In da U.P. of Michigan