The Unfinished Finish to a Wine Cabinet
This is the cap-off to the other thread "... Design ideas... sort of Cupboard Like":

Recalling an early picture of the planned cabinet-floor:  These walnut planks are lapped over each other and were only just lately trimmed to size:

Here the upper cabinet was being scoped out for ideas and proportions.  As it happened, I liked it best with the sideboards overhanging the floorboards a good bit:

Getting back to the decking, it's a drop-in scheme based on a front rabbeted board and a "lath board" underneath:

Here the deck has been dropped-in at last:

And here is the final Wine Cabinet in place:

Thanks for all the encouragement given on the other thread!

Chris
Chris
That's really a handsome piece, Chris.  Is this the one that stated as an electronics cabinet?  If so, that change of course really worked to your advantage.
Thanks, Mike!

Yes, I was really thinking I could use it as a media cabinet right up to carrying it up the stairs.  It was not to be, but a wine cabinet may work OK.

I should probably think about some sorts of half-circle bottle-holder jigs now.

How's Indy treating you?   I'll send a PM.

Chris
Chris
Looks good. Good thing you sized it so it would fit wine bottles
Smile

That's very pretty. It's nice that you picked out some nice looking stock for the inside as well as for the outside. Most of the time, we tend to... um... economize on the insides of casework. But it's a nice surprise when you open a cabinet and find that the inside has received as much thought and attention as the outside.
Steve S.
------------------------------------------------------
Tradition cannot be inherited, and if you want it you must obtain it by great labour.
- T. S. Eliot

Tutorials and Build-Alongs at The Literary Workshop