Bandsaw or Scroll saw????
Is everyone positive a jig saw isn't the answer? The OP didn't ask, but if cost is a consideration a quality jig saw like a Bosch may provide the best bang for the buck.

Pedro
I miss nested quotes..........
Yes, price is a consideration. If I had the money and the space, I'd buy a large bandsaw and a scroll saw. However, neither is likely to happen real soon, so it looks like a benchtop bandsaw is my best bet.  

Does anybody have any opinions on the Grizzly 9" bandsaw?
Jim

Demonstrating every day that enthusiasm cannot overcome a lack of talent!
(08-21-2019, 09:06 AM)5thumbs Wrote: Yes, price is a consideration. If I had the money and the space, I'd buy a large bandsaw and a scroll saw. However, neither is likely to happen real soon, so it looks like a benchtop bandsaw is my best bet.  

Does anybody have any opinions on the Grizzly 9" bandsaw?

A friend of mine has the little benchtop Grizzly.  It's very nicely made and runs great.  However, many folks favor the Rikon 10". 

John
I have never used that Grizzly machine, but I have used a small cheap 9" bandsaw from another manufacturer (can't remember which one). It was totally useless. I sold it for $25 in a garage sale and felt guilty for weeks afterwards.

Pedro
I miss nested quotes..........
(08-21-2019, 09:16 AM)- it\s pretty nice Wrote: A friend of mine has the little benchtop Grizzly.  It's very nicely made and runs great.  However, many folks favor the Rikon 10"
John

John,

I've looked at the benchtop Grizzly. It's pretty nice. Thanks for the recommendation.
Jim

Demonstrating every day that enthusiasm cannot overcome a lack of talent!
Peter Millard's videos sifting through small bandsaws may be interesting as he looks at the tradeoffs in that class.

Youtube: Milard's Bandsaw playlist

Matt
Once you get used to having a bandsaw in the shop, you’ll wonder how you got along without it. It’s fine to start with a little benchtop model, but I’d highly recommend getting the most powerful saw you can afford.
Steve S.
------------------------------------------------------
Tradition cannot be inherited, and if you want it you must obtain it by great labour.
- T. S. Eliot

Tutorials and Build-Alongs at The Literary Workshop