Vinyl floor seam repairs?
20+ year old vinyl has some seams coming up. How to get them back down?

My boss is a Jewish carpenter. Our DADDY owns the business.
Trying to understand some people is like trying to pick up the clean end of a turd.
I'm with you! About 35 years for ours, and I seriously doubt it's possible to repair after all this time waving at the stars ... or, cobwebs on the ceiling.

Time to bite the bullet and see what the missus wants.
(08-13-2019, 06:20 PM)Foggy Wrote: 20+ year old vinyl has some seams coming up. How to get them back down?

glue and a roller.  you'll want to mask off the adjoining area and tape the seam so any squeezeout doesn't get on the floor.    I did it once at our old house when we bought it, mostly as a fix until I replaced the floor.  I won't do it ever again.
(08-14-2019, 08:14 AM)crokett™ Wrote: glue and a roller.  you'll want to mask off the adjoining area and tape the seam so any squeezeout doesn't get on the floor.    I did it once at our old house when we bought it, mostly as a fix until I replaced the floor.  I won't do it ever again.

Can you inject with a hypodermic style injector?
https://www.rockler.com/glue-bottles-glu...ZiEALw_wcB
(08-14-2019, 08:26 AM)brianwelch Wrote: Can you inject with a hypodermic style injector?
https://www.rockler.com/glue-bottles-glu...ZiEALw_wcB

Depends on the glue.    I used construction adhesive from a caulk gun.  It seemed to work well.  I just had to be careful not to get lumps of glue under the floor. I'm also not sure how much of your edges are coming up.  as it turned out mine wasn't glued down all that well when it was installed.
So i'm thinking:
 with a piece of wire and the vacuum, work all the dirt and junk out of the seam. 
Mask both sides of the face of the seam so run out glue won't make a mess on the surface. 
Squirt or work glue under the edges of the seam. 
place waxed paper and weight  [tripping hazard] on the seam and wait for glue to dry. What am I missing and what glue to use?

My boss is a Jewish carpenter. Our DADDY owns the business.
Trying to understand some people is like trying to pick up the clean end of a turd.
Search for heat welding vinyl floors. I've seen it done numerous times, it takes some skill to get it hot enough for a good weld/fusing but not burning the material. You might be able to hire a flooring company, it's not that difficult of a job if you have the right tools and a bit of practice.