Issue with Maytag Gas dryer
(08-15-2019, 10:31 AM)Cdshakes Wrote: still don't know whether flame is supposed to be on the whole time, or is cycling on and off normal?

Electrics cycle the heating element, or at least the old ones did, so I would think the gas dryer would, too.
Tom

“This place smells like that odd combination of flop sweat, hopelessness, aaaand feet"
Something similar to mine happened, I think it was the thermal fuse. Something like that anyway, it was a while ago. 
It was going bad but not completely blown. Like a $6 part or something.
Our gas dryer cycles the flame. On for about 30 seconds, off for about five minutes...
This does vary, tho’.
VH07V  
There is a sensor that maybe bad.  There are a couple.  Both are easy to get to and aren't that expensive.  Other than the solenoids I got nothing else.

I have fixed a lot of dryers and other than the igniter the solenoids usually fix them.  In your case since it lights it can't be the igniter so sensor next on the list. 

Oh other thing - just make sure the vent is cleaned and the outlet to the outside is clear.  It does sense heat build up is it's not.
John

Always use the right tool for the job.

We need to clean house.