ditching X10
Okay, the strong support shown for reliability of this system made me wonder if there was something I was missing about mine. I looked around online and came upon a blurb about correcting a similar problem by simply unplugging the unit and plugging it back in again. This has worked and I now have a dent in my forehead from the “DOH!” moment.

Keeping X10.
Lumber Logs, domestic hardwoods at wholesale prices: http://www.woodfinder.com/listings/012869.php

Lumber Logs' blog: Follow the adventure
(08-17-2019, 06:03 PM)TomFromStLouis Wrote: Okay, the strong support shown for reliability of this system made me wonder if there was something I was missing about mine. I looked around online and came upon a blurb about correcting a similar problem by simply unplugging the unit and plugging it back in again. This has worked and I now have a dent in my forehead from the “DOH!” moment.

Keeping X10.

That seems to be the fix for about 97% of electronic glitches. I have a relay powering my dust collector. I'm using a 120 volt coil in the relay 'cause it's convenient. The control circuit is switched by a basic light switch screwed to the side of the overhead dust collector. That circuit probably carries < 1 amp so no need to get too fancy, the KISS principle still applies.