A cove cutting jig for making bee box handles
I was not satisfied with the different handles I have on my bee hive boxes. But I found one that was quick to make and made a few minor changes to suit my purposes. I'm pretty happy with it and I'll be using it for all of my boxes in the future and will change the handles on existing hives as opportunity presents itself.

Paul? 

That's a VERY cool way of making the handles.  When i made some boxes last year I put the box over the dado blades, with the blades lowered, turned the saw on and cranked up the blade 10 revolutions.  I then bounced the fence over a bit and repeated the process.  For the short side I put a witness mark on my fence and repeated the process.  I'll admit they're not as perfect as your method.  If I ever need to make more (I have 2 hives this year, but 2 more in storage), I'll use your method.
Dumber than I appear
(08-18-2019, 11:17 PM)paulmon Wrote: I was not satisfied with the different handles I have on my bee hive boxes. But I found one that was quick to make and made a few minor changes to suit my purposes. I'm pretty happy with it and I'll be using it for all of my boxes in the future and will change the handles on existing hives as opportunity presents itself.

Very clever !!!!!!!!!!!
Cool
Cool
Often Tested.    Always Faithful.      Brothers Forever

Jack Edgar, Sgt. U.S. Marines, Korea, America's Forgotten War
Get off my lawn !
Upset

That's slick as hell!
Yes 

Cool
Cool
Cool
"One should respect public opinion insofar as is necessary to avoid starvation and keep out of prison, but anything that goes beyond this is voluntary submission to an unnecessary tyrany, and is likely to interfere with happiness in all kinds of ways."
Yes, pretty neat. That must be pretty close as to how the manufacturers of bee boxes do their handle holes.

Mine, I just position and set the dado up a 5/8", then I have a start and stop tape mark on the fence and also the table. Drop the box down on the blade, and push forward to the stop mark.
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

That is the bee’s knees.
That's a really slick idea.