Clearing the corners for the glass insets
So I'm making a trophy case for one of my neighbor's son.  This pix is the bottom of the case.  It'll have shelves and 2 doors/side.

I made the doors last week (no pocket screws here...they're true M&T joints) and Sunday I did the "route around the inside" lowering the bit a little bit every time.  Of course this leaves the rounded inside corners that need to be squared with a chisel and hammer.  I was not looking forward to that task

So I did 1 drawer Sunday afternoon and gave up thinking I'll complete the rest during the week.  To my surprise, when I went to finish them last evening, it was sorta satisfying.  Now, my chisels aren't the sharpest but I found a sharpening stone that gave them a bit of an edge and that helped.

Guess what I'm saying is that a WW task I usually don't look forward to actually went pretty well.  (Having Dire Straits "Brothers in Arms" CD playing in the background helped.  Love every song on that one 'cept "Money for Nothing".  When that CD came out they played that song to death!!)  But I digress.

I sorta, kinda don't mind cleaning the corners any more.

Attached Files Image(s)

Dumber than I appear
(08-20-2019, 06:36 AM)Dumb_Polack Wrote: So I'm making a trophy case for one of my neighbor's son.  This pix is the bottom of the case.  It'll have shelves and 2 doors/side.

I made the doors last week (no pocket screws here...they're true M&T joints) and Sunday I did the "route around the inside" lowering the bit a little bit every time.  Of course this leaves the rounded inside corners that need to be squared with a chisel and hammer.  I was not looking forward to that task

So I did 1 drawer Sunday afternoon and gave up thinking I'll complete the rest during the week.  To my surprise, when I went to finish them last evening, it was sorta satisfying.  Now, my chisels aren't the sharpest but I found a sharpening stone that gave them a bit of an edge and that helped.

Guess what I'm saying is that a WW task I usually don't look forward to actually went pretty well.  (Having Dire Straits "Brothers in Arms" CD playing in the background helped.  Love every song on that one 'cept "Money for Nothing".  When that CD came out they played that song to death!!)  But I digress.

I sorta, kinda don't mind cleaning the corners any more.

I always find music in the shop helps. 
Wink. Another reason I use hand tools whenever possible.  Impossible to hear tunes with the router or planer screaming. Classic Rock station is clear as a bell when you can substitute a molding plane for the router... Or any number of hand planes for the power planer. 
Crazy
Jim in Okie
You can tell a lot about the character of a man -
By the way he treats those who can do nothing for him.
Looking good. Yes, sharp makes a difference. Even "not dull" is better!

Laugh
Mark Singleton

Bene vivendo est optimum vindictae

The Laws of Physics do not care about your Politics   -  Me
I hate doing that, too.  So I usually design the joints so I don't need to.  If you cut the rails so there is a step on the ends, you can cut full length rabbets on the stiles and rails first on the TS or router table.  Then when you assemble it the step on the end of the rail fills the rabbet on the stile where it mates, sort of like a half lap joint.  Cutting the rabbets first also allows you to discard any piece that isn't perfect; no worries about defects like there is routing the rabbets after the frame has already been glued up.  

John