Mirka Ceros
I recently sent my Ceros in for repair and Mirka sent a new Deros instead of returning my repaired Ceros.  A nice gesture by Mirka but the Ceros is what I really want.  Mirka won't return my Ceros even though it wasn't on the recall list.  My Ceros was the 5" model with the small (2.5 mm) orbit.

The Mirka site shows the input voltage for the transformer as 90 - 240 VAC and the output as 22 VDC.  Does this mean I can use a Ceros from another country and will/can the transformer modulate the frequency to the correct level?

If you have a Ceros and want to trade for a new Deros (less that 5 minutes run time) let me know.  Specifically looking for the small orbit model.

Thanks,
Lonnie
Hi Lonnie

I am curious to hear about your experience with the Deros. 6" Deros?

I have the 6" Ceros, which is quite new to me (purchased this a few months back with very little use on it). After a large-ish Festool ROS, this is a revelation for hand sanding - light and nimble. I am not your candidate for a trade (besides international shipping would be ridiculous!), but I have not used the Deros, and am just curious about the differences.

As far as I can tell, the Ceros is smaller as the transformer is separate. The Deros has an integrated transformer, and therefore a little larger. I keep the transformer inside a sustainer on the Festool CT26E vacuum cleaner ...

[Image: M6.jpg]

For those unfamiliar, this is the Ceros (I now use it with a 27mm Mirka antistatic hose - lighter and cheaper than the Festool hose) ...

[Image: M4.jpg]

Regards from Perth

Derek
Articles on furniture building, shop made tools and tool reviews at www.inthewoodshop.com
Derek,
You hit the nail on the head - the Ceros fits my hand perfectly and seems to just glide!  In comparison, the Deros feels like a club.  If I was removing a lot of material and wanted to use two hands the Deros would work but for my purpose as a finish sander the Ceros is king.  The Deros does have nicer controls and there's no transformer.  However, I always sand in the same spot so the transformer was a non-issue for me.

I think it is going to be next to impossible to find a small orbit Ceros.  That's why I wondered about buying one from another country.  I think I'll contact Mirka this week and try to get more information.  I still wonder how they can confiscate my property without my consent or prior knowledge.

Lonnie

PS I used the same Mirka hose that you are using. It's a great combination.
I have both and pretty much echo your sentiments. The ceros is lighter and more comfortable. Only reason I got the deros is because I also had the ceros 90 version and it was part of the recall as well. I was glad to turn that one in. It wasn’t near as ergonomic and I like my festool rotes 90 much better