2 days, just walking around
and dodging raindrops.  Was at the West Liberty Tractor Fest, Saturday and Sunday....all types of farm tractors...

And other "engines"..

to one of the largest flea markets in the area ( 20 of which had old tools! ) and they even had a saw mill, run from the PTO of a Farmall Tractor..

Trying to saw a few Pine logs.   One vendor had a trailer set up..
Cool

Seemed to have 2 of everything ( at least) that a Blacksmith could want..
Winkgrin

Anvils were from $425 to $700, DPs were around $125 ( $120-$130)and there were tables set up everywhere..
Cool

And..

Some tables were just one tool, though..
Rolleyes 

Others had tubs filled with "goodies"
Winkgrin 

Had to keep a sharp eye out...some good items tended to hide under other things...

Look closely...see that spokeshave?    I did....Stanley #54...
Cool =$5....
Looks like this will be a multi-part post....stay tuned
Winkgrin
Show me a picture, I'll build a project from that
So, besides the Spokeshave...
Confused

What else did I scrounge up?
Rolleyes 

North Brothers YANKEE No. 41, with all 8 bits in the handle...
Cool  $10 also bought 2 hand planes for that amount..

No. 3 size....I passed on a $60 dollar pair of woodies ( already have a Stanley 45 )

That's $30 each plane, Match Planes, for Tongue & Groove work...Paused by two others...

When I came back later, the rebate plane was gone( other one didn't have an iron)
No 

Couldn't figure this saw out....and passed it by.   A few other tables had a few handsaws...got too many now
Uhoh 

Solid wood..but..where is the rest of it?
Confused    One place, I picked 6 bandsaw blades, 80" long...for $30.....
Winkgrin  and..

Stanley No. 6, type 7/8?   Spares box in the shop has the rest of the parts..
Cool  $10, too
Winkgrin

"We have work to do.." Now, IF I can just get that pink tractor out of my mind..
Winkgrin

Tractor Fest is still going on today...I think I've had enough fun ( and walking) for the weekend...Came home with an empty glass jug for a lamp kit. 
Fest is every Labor Day Weekend.....usually over  100 tractors of all makes, and models....and the "Hit & Miss Engines" have their own area to set up in.   LOTS of food vendors...but, no booze..West Liberty, OH is a Dry Town.   Lots of people, too.   Not too bad of a weekend?
Looks like FUN!!

Cool
Cool
Cool
Mark Singleton

Bene vivendo est optimum vindictae

The Laws of Physics do not care about your Politics   -  Me
Yea, we have 2 events similiar to yours. One has the permanent sawmill setup also, ran by a steam tractor with belt drive. Old timey event for sure.
And the guys with the cases of tools....I think they go to about all of these type shows.
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

Those in PA should take note, this coming weekend is the Nittany Tractor Show and HUGE flea market, in Centre Hall, PA (not that far for you Bandit). Starts Thursday and peters out late Saturday/early Sunday.
Waiting to grow up beyond being just a member
www.metaltech-pm.com
Ok, both of the #3 sized planes are rehabbed..Stanley Defiance was first in line..
Rolleyes

Believe it or not, I have seen worse....so, after about 2 hours of fiddling around...getting the sole looking better..
Rolleyes

And getting the rest of the parts clean....( didn't let the PB soak enough, snapped the tote bollt off
Upset )

Tote is just sitting there, for now...
Rolleyes

The second #3 was a bit easier to clean up....35 minutes, total...both of these #3 sized planes were $5, each.
Winkgrin

Sole was a wee bit better
Cool

Sold as a #3 sized Craftsman plane, Made by Sargent Co. as a #408, (stamped under the frog)

Spokeshave and the North Bros. #41 Yankee drill have been cleaned up...Spokeshave needs it iron sharpened up....which leaves,,
Rolleyes  

A Stanley No. 6, type 7/8....($10)  was missing 3 items, and they went right here...
No  

Had some spares..
Cool

Was a long story,
Rolleyes  Japanning was shot ( new paint job) Missing the lever cap ( spares box)  and the iron/chipbreaker ( spares, reworked from a trashed #29) Frog bolts needed to soak overnight in PBlaster...hammer and BIG screwdriver to finally remove those bolts.
Winkgrin   Bottom of the rear handle had a crack along one edge, glued that back together.  Sole cleaned ( NO pits found!)  sides cleaned up.  Frog cleaned up, repainted and then shiny areas were cleaned up, again.  Bolts were cleaned, threads and all, 2 washers were too.  Brass parts were shined up.  
Cool  iron resharpened, CB mated to the iron ( bent section flattened out, re-sharpened the "hump" part to lay flat on the iron.
Cool 

So, now I have a Stanley No. 6 AND a Stanley No. 6c in the shop...#6c is a 2 pat.date type 10.  I do have a Type 9, but it is a No. 7c.....
Rolleyes

Not too bad of a weekend?
Cool
Was unable to extract that broken bolt out of the base.....Easy-outs didn't want to grab ahold....tossed the base in the trash...had other uses for the handles
Winkgrin 

Since they were in good shape....was enough of the tote bolt left, too.   Wound up needing the bolt for the knob, as well..
Cool

Since I had an earlier version of the Stanley Defiance #3....a No. 1243, in fact, that didn't have any handles.  As for swapping any of the other "good" parts..

can't swap out these....even the #3's bolt on the chipbreaker is too big...Frogs?
Confused  

Nope....can't trade them....
No
Lever caps?
Confused 

Afraid not...
No 
But, the Stanley No. 1243 is now back in service....as for the rest of the parts?

These will go to the "Spares Box", unless someone else needs them for a Stanley No. 3.....
Rolleyes 

They may come in handy, when the next "Rusty & Krusty" plane arrives, needing a few parts...
Rolleyes
Nice work on the rehab, and the Tractor fest looked cool.