Dewalt Trim Router Edge Guide Needed
I have the dual base Dewalt trim router for which I would like to get an edge guide. The motor is DWP611 and the plunge base (which has the guide rod holes) is DWP611PK. Anyone know the correct edge guide part # for the plunge base? I do not need or want to spend the money on a Micro-Fence setup. I just do not do that much routing.

Thanks for your thoughts and leads
Thanks,  Curt
-----------------
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards."
      -- Soren Kierkegaard
Sorry, no part number; I usually just screw or clamp a scrap to an oversize base. I've made oversize bases for almost all of my routers (not as many as Norm has, but still quite a few). They are simple to make and offer a lot more versatility. Like clamping on an edge guide or mounting to a sawhorse, deck, or whatever happens to be serving as a work bench for a given task.

Building a custom (customizable) edge guide is simple and quick too. The basic parts are two rods, two 1/4-20 bolts w/ wingnuts, and a short length of 1x1 hardwood. Drill horizontal holes for a snug fit for the rods and positioned so the bottom of the base and the hardwood are on plane, and drill 2 vertical holes slightly outboard of the rods for the bolts. Feed a coping saw blade through the rod hole(s), and make a relief cut outboard; through and past the bolt holes. (This allows space for the bolts to clamp onto the rods.) Now you can mount almost any size edge guide to the hardwood; obviously with a cutout for edge profiling or flush trimming. With a longer edge guide attached you can route dadoes and grooves much further from the edge. It's also the base for an adjustable circle jig, and can be used to mount your palm router to 1/2" ply. for a temp. router table.

B.T.W., two of those hardwood assemblies with a captured bolt threaded into the first one will give you the micro-adjust you don't really need.
Sign at N.E. Vocational School Cabinetmaking Shop 1976, "Free knowledge given daily... Bring your own container"
I have this one.  It seems OK.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004AJ...UTF8&psc=1
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
(09-03-2019, 09:15 PM)cputnam Wrote: I have the dual base Dewalt trim router for which I would like to get an edge guide.  The motor is DWP611 and the plunge base (which has the guide rod holes) is DWP611PK.  Anyone know the correct edge guide part # for the plunge base?  I do not need or want to spend the money on a Micro-Fence setup.  I just do not do that much routing.

Thanks for your thoughts and leads

Dewalt 6913 is the universal edge guide for all Dewalt routers.  I use mine on the 611 and my only complaint is that the edge guide is very heavy when used on the 611 but it works well.
Thank you, gentlemen!
Thanks,  Curt
-----------------
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards."
      -- Soren Kierkegaard
I use the PC model 42690.

CW
(09-04-2019, 07:41 AM)Cooler Wrote: I have this one.  It seems OK.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004AJ...UTF8&psc=1

That one won't fit on the plunge base. 

I think this is what he's looking for.  DW6913 Supposed to fit all DW routers.