Woodnet email address to add to whitelist?
Hi,

So I realized it has been quite some time since I received email alerts to my forum subscriptions.

I verified that I was still subscribed, that the emails were not going to my spam box, and that there was no woodnet entry under my blocked emails.  I tried subscribing and unsubscribing from the forums but that didn't work either.  I even set up a second account with a different email address but I am not getting alerts to new forum postings through that either.  I can only assume that Gmail is somehow blocking the Woodnet emails.  

I reached out for help through the Contact Us link but that was several days ago and I haven't yet received a response.  So...  I am hoping that someone here might be able to help.

Would someone please provide me with an email address that I might add to my whitelist in hopes that I can yet again receive postings to the Hand Tool, Power Tool, and Swap N' Sell forums?

Perhaps someone has a suggestion as to an option I missed checking with regard to not receiving email updates to new forum postings?

Thanks in advance.

James
Mine quit working also, some time ago. I actually think Gmail has them blocked out completely, due to the bogus WN plans that was sent out when this site got compromised, all of the emails here were exposed.

And good luck with getting any questions answered from higher up. Admins do not seem interested in fixing the problems.

It's a free site, so we can't expect too much here.
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

Wink 
(09-10-2019, 06:36 PM)Stwood_ Wrote: Thanks for the response!

I'm glad I logged in because Gmail blocked it.  Sigh...

Ha, ha!  I gathered as much from reading the posts/complaints of others.

Too bad - I especially liked Swap N' Sell notifications...

James

Mine quit working also, some time ago. I actually think Gmail has them blocked out completely, due to the bogus WN plans that was sent out when this site got compromised, all of the emails here were exposed.

And good luck with getting any questions answered from higher up. Admins do not seem interested in fixing the problems.

It's a free site, so we can't expect too much here.
I haven't found Gmail to ever block emails out completely, at least not that I am aware of, but that could be the case I suppose. It is also possible that something went wrong with the site at some point, which is causing it not to send them. I'll mark this down as a problem to look into eventually. Unfortunately, I don't have the time to allocate right now, and as @Stwood_ mentioned, it is a free site, so we do not put too much priority on fixing smaller issues with it. I'm sorry; I wish we could.
Thank you sysadmin for your response.
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

Thanks to all.

James
Don't know if this will help but I get notifications from PMs from this address

manager@forums.woodnet.net
I'm thinking it is Gmail just blocking all woodnet communications. I created an account with Yahoo and have it forward forum notifications to my Gmail. It seems to work for Hand Tools and Power Tools. It worked a little while for Swap N' Sell but then stopped. Yahoo isn't getting the new posting notices - I logged into the account to verify and there are no notices for the past 3 days worth of Swap N' Sell postings. I unsubscribed from the forum then re-subscribed. Finger crossed...

James
(09-22-2019, 07:12 PM)jbmunroWoodNet3 Wrote: I'm thinking it is Gmail just blocking all woodnet communications.  I created an account with Yahoo and have it forward forum notifications to my Gmail.  It seems to work for Hand Tools and Power Tools.  It worked a little while for Swap N' Sell but then stopped.  Yahoo isn't getting the new posting notices - I logged into the account to verify and there are no notices for the past 3 days worth of Swap N' Sell postings.  I unsubscribed from the forum then re-subscribed.  Finger crossed...

James
I sent you a PM to choose just one of your accounts, but in that case, a Mod can change your email of record in your account.
[Image: usa-flag-waving-united-states-of-america...if-clr.gif]
(09-23-2019, 09:11 AM)Thanks - replied to PMJames barnowl Wrote: I sent you a PM to choose just one of your accounts, but in that case, a Mod can change your email of record in your account.