Making a 390 segment flower bowl
Building and turning my most elaborate segment bowl yet. 14x6inch, 390 segments, 13 rings made from maple, black walnut and cherry. Finished with General Finish's wood bowl finish
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxYQ0ebXm3c&t=3s

An error occurred. Please try again later. (Playback ID: X2rMOxwMJpf6H1-I)
Learn More
VH07V  
(09-15-2019, 04:11 PM)EightFingers Wrote: An error occurred. Please try again later. (Playback ID: X2rMOxwMJpf6H1-I)
Learn More

Im not sure why it wont embed right. It shows fine in the preview. Here is the link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxYQ0ebXm3c
Very nice bowl and good video.
(09-16-2019, 03:13 PM)Turner52 Wrote: Very nice bowl and good video.

Thanks
Thanks for fixing the video. Nice looking design, but it is too bad about the darker maple....
VH07V  
(09-17-2019, 05:17 PM)EightFingers Wrote: Thanks for fixing the video. Nice looking design, but it is too bad about the darker maple....
Yeah, I am going to be revisiting the design at some point with maybe purple heart and padauk or maybe wall nut and wenge or maybe walnut instead of the maple. Who knows, so many endless possibilities
Very cool.  Makes me want to head out to the shop right now and get after it.  I have a lot of smaller cutoffs...
I really enjoyed your video.  That is a nice bowl.  The idea to fill in some of the maple areas with color is really neat.  I'd like to see your next attempt with that pattern.
(09-25-2019, 05:29 PM)stav Wrote: I really enjoyed your video.  That is a nice bowl.  The idea to fill in some of the maple areas with color is really neat.  I'd like to see your next attempt with that pattern.

Thank you. I have the pattern all drawn and mapped out. I am working on a segment vase and then another segment bowl with a star pattern then I might do that one. I didn't want to make to similar bowls in a row. Have the wood to make it too