Review of negative carbide
I bought 4 negative rake cutters and made my own handles and holders like I normally do. Have never bought any companys holders. Way crazy prices in my opinion. I can make them for abought 4 dollars each.This is a review on open segmented corian. Might be totally different on other man made products. For corian, I will never buy any more. The 4 cost $76. When I posted originally Alan S sugested having regular carbide inserts on the 20 degree angle. Did that too. Cuts just as clean and smooth as negative rake. I also have quite a few carbides designed for steel. Tried them on 20 degrees also. They also cut smooth. On all of the ones designed for steel, I always sharpen on a CBN wheel, before even using. All of these are cupped cutters and must be sharpned on the edges. The only advantage i can see in the negative rake cutters, is they cut slower and might be easier for a new turner. Would be interested in anyones elses experience with them.