Just a Plane Box
Started out to make a small case for storing a Hand Plane. At my shop we believe that anything that can be done can also be overdone. 
Winkgrin

Pine case joined with hand cut dovetails. Cherry Kumiko fitted with jigs and a sharp chisel or three. Bottom lined with full grain leather. Finish is wet sanded oil.

Oh yeah. It's been decided that this piece will no longer be utilized for plane storage. Go figure. 

Ron

[Image: kbox1.jpg]

[Image: kbox2.jpg]

[Image: kbox4.jpg]

[Image: kbox5.jpg]
"which plane should I use for this task?......the sharp one"

http://www.breseplane.blogspot.com/
That looks amazing, Ron!
Best,
Aram, always learning

"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.” Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Web: My woodworking photo site
I like that!   (Wife got it didn't she?).
Laugh

You'll have to make a plain one for the plane.

Some folks just won't work with pine/spruce. I like it and use it for a lot of work and furniture. Gets a nice golden patina after a few years.
Sweet. So is it a shelf sitter now, or what's the new plan for it?
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

Just plain WOW!  
Cool
Cool
Cool
Cool
Thanks,  Curt
-----------------
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards."
      -- Soren Kierkegaard
WOW!!!  I DON'T know what else to say.
"I tried being reasonable..........I didn't like it." Clint Eastwood
This is one beautiful box.
Gary

Please don’t quote the trolls.
Liberty, Freedom and Individual Responsibility
Say what you'll do and do what you say.
Thanks All,

Ron
"which plane should I use for this task?......the sharp one"

http://www.breseplane.blogspot.com/
Gorgeous job, Ron.  It looks to be the right size for the smoothing plane you let me try out at the first Handworks show in Amana.
Excellent in every aspect, Ron.  One of the most memorable craftman's demonstrations I have seen was the making of a kumiko screen.  No glue used, even in large panels.  

Do you have a guess on the time involved to make that box?