2-3 Hp motors
I was helping a fellow contractor doing some demo today and there were quite a few Baldor 2-3 hp motors that were used for large pumps (Cont. duty?). My job was to make sure they were disconnected before slightly less knowledgeable workers muscled them out of the basement. What surprised me was the capacitors on top; everyone else just assumed they were 3 phase. If a member of Woodnet has a need for any, please send a "private message". I'll check back later tonight.
Sign at N.E. Vocational School Cabinetmaking Shop 1976, "Free knowledge given daily... Bring your own container"
(09-16-2019, 06:50 PM)MstrCarpenter Wrote: I was helping a fellow contractor doing some demo today and there were quite a few Baldor 2-3 hp motors that were used for large pumps (Cont. duty?). My job was to make sure they were disconnected before slightly less knowledgeable workers muscled them out of the basement. What surprised me was the capacitors on top; everyone else just assumed they were 3 phase. If a member of Woodnet has a need for any, please send a "private message". I'll check back later tonight.

I think a lot of people appreciate the offer but most pump motors are C-face frames and 3450 RPM.  That really limits the applications.  Also, a location would be helpful.
One thing that comes to mind is a dust collector...such a motor (if they are C face, continuous duty, and 3450) would be great for that. Nice offer...I haven't a need but very generous.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
I'm sure they're gone by now but they weren't c-face. they all had a foot with lovejoy couplings between it and the pump. One of my Uni's is 3 phase, so I snagged one for a dedicated RPC.

BTW; Southern NH
Sign at N.E. Vocational School Cabinetmaking Shop 1976, "Free knowledge given daily... Bring your own container"
Capacitors on top of 3ph motors????

Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.

(09-30-2019, 05:09 PM)BloomingtonMike Wrote: Capacitors on top of 3ph motors????

Everyone else thought they were 3 phase, it took me about two seconds to notice the caps and I too thought "Capacitors on top of a 3ph motor???"
Big Grin